AOHELL and VOIP

Old May 29th 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default AOHELL and VOIP

Hi,

Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it work, I have
memories that AOL connections did not use static or dynamic public IP
addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am I talking BS?

Regards

Old May 29th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
George

"RH" wrote in message
Hi,

Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it work,
I have memories that AOL connections did not use static or dynamic
public IP addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am I talking
BS?

Regards

AOL UK use dynamic IP addresses. If you use an ethernet router, then you
should have no problems. If you don't have a a router yet, go for
Netgear or Speedtouch, because AOL won't even do a line test if you have
an 'un-supported router'.

George

Old May 29th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don Carter

On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:14:31 +0100, "RH"
wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it work, I have
memories that AOL connections did not use static or dynamic public IP
addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am I talking BS?

Regards

I'm on AOL 1Mb Broadband, and I have a public, dynamic IP address.

Don

Old May 29th 05, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it
work, I have memories that AOL connections did not use static or
dynamic public IP addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am
I talking BS?

Regards

I'm on AOL 1Mb Broadband, and I have a public, dynamic IP address.

Don

I've heard, although I may be wrong, that AOL use American IP addresses so
you might not be able to get a geographic phone number from Sipgate.
Anyone know different..?

Ivor

Old May 29th 05, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don Carter

wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it
work, I have memories that AOL connections did not use static or
dynamic public IP addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am
I talking BS?

Regards

I'm on AOL 1Mb Broadband, and I have a public, dynamic IP address.

Don

I've heard, although I may be wrong, that AOL use American IP addresses so
you might not be able to get a geographic phone number from Sipgate.
Anyone know different..?

Ivor

They do and you can't. Sipgate suggest that you use a friend's
connection to register, when they will then give you a number, and you
can use it from your AOL account. seems daft to me but then, that's
Sipgate.
Old May 29th 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Daniel

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Don Carter wrote:

I've heard, although I may be wrong, that AOL use American IP addresses so
you might not be able to get a geographic phone number from Sipgate.
Anyone know different..?

They do, but nothing to stop you using a UK proxy server - That's what I did

Daniel