Calls to Spanish landline cuts out after 30 secs or so

Old May 30th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

Default Calls to Spanish landline cuts out after 30 secs or so

Hi

I have an account with Voipfone which generally works fine - at least, on
the few calls I have made so far. I have had no problems with calls to two
or three places in the US, two in Turkey and on in Germany - all land lines
and all for well over 30 minutes - however calls to two different numbers in
Spain consistently drop after about a minute or two - sometimes after only a
few seconds.

My set up is a regular DECT phone through a Sipura 2100 ATA.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Lee

Old May 30th 05, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Lee wrote:
Hi

I have an account with Voipfone which generally works fine - at least, on
the few calls I have made so far. I have had no problems with calls to two
or three places in the US, two in Turkey and on in Germany - all land lines
and all for well over 30 minutes - however calls to two different numbers in
Spain consistently drop after about a minute or two - sometimes after only a
few seconds.

My set up is a regular DECT phone through a Sipura 2100 ATA.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Lee

i have a sipura 3000 and i call spain and most of europe and i dont
think i have ever had a call drop i did have some quality problem when
calling india but i emailed the customer support and whatever the
problem was they fixed it in about 20 minutes

Mat

Old May 31st 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Lee wrote:
Hi

I have an account with Voipfone which generally works fine - at least, on
the few calls I have made so far. I have had no problems with calls to two
or three places in the US, two in Turkey and on in Germany - all land lines
and all for well over 30 minutes - however calls to two different numbers in
Spain consistently drop after about a minute or two - sometimes after only a
few seconds.

My set up is a regular DECT phone through a Sipura 2100 ATA.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Lee

I guess you are behind a NAT router?
This looks like ACKs not being returned during SIP call setup.
The call is being connected, but the gateway never sees an "OK" from
your Sipura. Most PSTN gateways will be configured to drop an
unacknowleged call after about 20-30 seconds, to save tying-up plant
with abandoned call attempts.

Use Ethereal to sniff the IP traffic from the Sipura. The latest
version has a very neat SIP parser. You'll soon see where the
negotiation is failing.

HTH

-- The PG --

Old May 31st 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

wrote in message
ups.com...

Lee wrote:
[...]

Thanks very much. I am indeed behind a NAT router and use ethereal for stuff
already - will check for an updated version. However it does seem odd that
this would cause problems for calls to Spain only - other destinations are
fine. Will certainly check it out though.

Thanks again.