Asterisk newbie

Old June 2nd 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default Asterisk newbie

I think it's about time I got my head around asterisk.

Is there a good novices guide about somewhere (I know nothing about
linux). I've been looking on Voxilla and voip-info.org but can't find
anything at a very beginners level :-(

I've got a partially stripped down old PC (PentiumII) which I might be
able to re-use.

Thanks for any suggestions.

David
Old June 2nd 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

A reasonable starting point - http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Old June 2nd 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Thu, 2 Jun 2005, The Cable Guy writes
David Floyd wrote:
|| I think it's about time I got my head around asterisk.
|| Is there a good novices guide about somewhere (I know nothing about
|| linux). I've been looking on Voxilla and voip-info.org but can't
|| find anything at a very beginners level :-(
|| I've got a partially stripped down old PC (PentiumII) which I might
|| be able to re-use.
|| Thanks for any suggestions.
|| David

A reasonable starting point - http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Thanks. Just gone to look at it.

David
Old June 5th 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

try also http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk, it is a pretty
comprehensive resource for Asterisk