adding a fax line

Old June 3rd 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Syd Hancock

Default adding a fax line

I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

Syd
Norwich
Old June 3rd 05, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Syd Hancock" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

Syd
Norwich

Set up a second account with Sipgate.

Old June 3rd 05, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Syd Hancock

The Cable Guy wrote:

"Syd Hancock" wrote in
message ...
I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

Syd
Norwich

Set up a second account with Sipgate.

OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

Syd
Old June 3rd 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Syd Hancock wrote:
The Cable Guy wrote:

"Syd Hancock" wrote in
message ...
I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

Syd
Norwich

Set up a second account with Sipgate.

OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

Yes.

Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
myself so can't comment.

Ivor

Old June 3rd 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Syd Hancock wrote:
The Cable Guy wrote:

"Syd Hancock" wrote in
message ...
I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

Syd
Norwich

Set up a second account with Sipgate.

OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

Yes.

Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
myself so can't comment.

Ivor

I've successfully received faxes on my Sipgate number & sent using 1899

Old June 3rd 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Syd Hancock wrote:
The Cable Guy wrote:

"Syd Hancock" wrote in
message ...
I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

Syd
Norwich

Set up a second account with Sipgate.

OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

Yes.

Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
myself so can't comment.

Ivor

No problems at all sending and recieving faxes on my BTBBV line. 14.4k every
time.

Not tried a fax that can go any faster.

Old June 13th 05, 03:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marc H.Popek

Default adding a fax line voip and pstn line switch

You could use a voip and pstn line switcher, like combine a line and receive
fax on a pstn and out bound long distance over voip, this way you have a
good solid land line for faxes and local presence.

Marco
TELEPHONE VOIP 2 Line AUTOMATIC SWITCH
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1&sspage nam
e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1