Voipfone Press Release

Old June 3rd 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cjd

Default Voipfone Press Release

fyi

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Old June 3rd 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 3 Jun 2005, cjd writes
fyi

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Pity that they don't know how to present their own number
(0207 043 5559) !

Not impressed with companies that cannot present their number correctly.

DF
Old June 3rd 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
keymaster

"cjd" wrote in message
oups.com...
fyi

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Hi
as you can see from my previous posts I was a big voipfone fan, and vocally
so. but after a telephone conversation with them last month I asked them to
close my account. however they decided this package builder was so good they
signed me up for another month.
other than being a couple of quid cheaper I cannot see any difference.
I went into my account and clicked on the "package builder" icon, now I may
well be mistaken and a complete idiot, but i can see no way to "build a
package" I cant seem to add any of the many functions they are advertising
on that "press release".
I wish voipfone all the best with their great ideas as ideas go they are
great, but they have been promising them "next week" for so long many of us
feel we have been made complete fools of.
best wishes
Roy

Old June 3rd 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Paul D.Smith writes
Pity that they don't know how to present their own number
(0207 043 5559) !

Not impressed with companies that cannot present their number correctly.

DF

(Please take note of footnote)

Glad I'm not the only pedant in London ;-).

Paul DS

I'm nowhere near London.

DF
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Old June 3rd 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Hoyle

keymaster wrote:
"cjd" wrote in message
oups.com...
fyi

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Hi
other than being a couple of quid cheaper I cannot see any difference.
I went into my account and clicked on the "package builder" icon, now I may
well be mistaken and a complete idiot, but i can see no way to "build a
package" I cant seem to add any of the many functions they are advertising
on that "press release".

I was waiting for this to see what it would give as options (I want a
basic service with as cheap calls as possible). I notice they have SMS
but there's no mention of an SMSC... if you can't send via asterisk
it's not really that useful to me (I want it for server uptime/failure
notifications).

It's not really 'build a package' more like 'here is the package.. do
you want fries with that?'.

Tony

Old June 4th 05, 01:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:37:36 +0100, "keymaster"
wrote:

I wish voipfone all the best with their great ideas as ideas go they are
great, but they have been promising them "next week" for so long many of
us
feel we have been made complete fools of.
best wishes

At least with VOIPFONE you CAN be 100% certain of picking up the phone
and being able to make a call which you cannot be with one voip
provider no names mentioned .

100%..? Are you sure..? Nothing is 100% certain except death and taxes..!

Ivor

Old June 4th 05, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:36:31 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Fri, 3 Jun 2005, cjd writes
fyi

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Pity that they don't know how to present their own number
(0207 043 5559) !

Not impressed with companies that cannot present their number correctly.

DF

Just what difference dose it make David providing the given number IS
correct? you are just being bloody fussy I personally would sooner see
London numbers presented in the way .

In the way what..?!

There is one way and one way only to present a London number and that is
020 space local number. The 7 or 8 (and now 3) at the start of the
number is *not* part of the code, end of story..!

It *does* make a difference how the number is presented, haven't you read
any of the thread in uk.telecom on this very topic..?! (See "BBC News -
New 0203 numbers for Londoners")

Ivor

Old June 4th 05, 03:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 00:33:41 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

If you are saying This (0207 043 5559 is wrong then I agree with you
Ivor it should be "020 7043 5559" .

Does it realy matter ?

Mat