Vegastream 10 ATA

Old June 3rd 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

Default Vegastream 10 ATA

I accidentally plugged a 19v PSU into my Vegastream 10 ATA (It should be
5v). It was only for a few seconds but it was enough time for it to make a
nasty smell and now it doesn't work anymore...

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to how much damage I've done - is it
likely it may be reparable?

TIA

Old June 3rd 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Hoyle

Rupert wrote:
I accidentally plugged a 19v PSU into my Vegastream 10 ATA (It should be
5v). It was only for a few seconds but it was enough time for it to make a
nasty smell and now it doesn't work anymore...

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to how much damage I've done - is it
likely it may be reparable?

Assuming it was something cheap that blew first (with any luck just a
voltage regulator) then you might be able to get it fixed.. it'll need
someone who understands such stuff to tell though.

If one of the custom ICs got fried you might as well bin it.

My second Sipura did something similar (it was RMA replacement after
the first one had excessive hiss on it). Lasted about an hour then
went up in smoke.. using the standard PSU as well! Local electrical
bod took one look at it and told me to throw it away..

Tony