JustDialVoIP and CLI

Old June 4th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default JustDialVoIP and CLI

It seems as though JDVoIP do not now send CLI. I don't know how long
this has been - only noticed this morning that it's showing UNAVAILABLE

:-(

David
Old June 4th 05, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

David Floyd wrote:

It seems as though JDVoIP do not now send CLI. I don't know how long
this has been - only noticed this morning that it's showing UNAVAILABLE

JDV is still sending CLI for my number, so it's either a local problem,
or a short-term problem.

Old June 4th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Dave Gill writes
David Floyd wrote:

It seems as though JDVoIP do not now send CLI. I don't know how long
this has been - only noticed this morning that it's showing UNAVAILABLE

JDV is still sending CLI for my number, so it's either a local problem,
or a short-term problem.

I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
some not. :-(

David
Old June 4th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

David Floyd wrote:

I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
some not. :-(

Could it be a problem with the receiving network? I tried my number to
a mobile; I don't have a BT line so I couldn't try that.

Old June 4th 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

David Floyd wrote:

I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
some not. :-(

Could it be a problem with the receiving network? I tried my number to
a mobile; I don't have a BT line so I couldn't try that.

Odd! I've tried it to my mobile and to my BT line; mobile says No
Number and BT says Unavailable.

I've sent JDV an email to support. We'll see if I get a reply.

DF
Old August 22nd 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

David Floyd wrote:

I don't understand that. Surely all calls to the PSTN leave JustDial at
the same location, so I can't understand why some should carry CLI and
some not. :-(

Could it be a problem with the receiving network? I tried my number to
a mobile; I don't have a BT line so I couldn't try that.

Odd! I've tried it to my mobile and to my BT line; mobile says No
Number and BT says Unavailable.

I've sent JDV an email to support. We'll see if I get a reply.

DF

I know this is two months old..... But did you get a response?
Old August 23rd 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Sean writes
David Floyd wrote:

Odd! I've tried it to my mobile and to my BT line; mobile says No
Number and BT says Unavailable.
I've sent JDV an email to support. We'll see if I get a reply.
DF

I know this is two months old..... But did you get a response?

Not exactly, because I found that the problem was at my end on a setting
of the Grandstream486 that I was using at the time. I can't remember
what the error was now, and in any case I now use a Sipura3000.

I did email JDVoIP back to apologies for my first query which they
replied to to say thank you for letting them know.

David

Old August 23rd 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

David Floyd wrote:

Not exactly, because I found that the problem was at my end on a setting
of the Grandstream486 that I was using at the time. I can't remember
what the error was now, and in any case I now use a Sipura3000.

I did email JDVoIP back to apologies for my first query which they
replied to to say thank you for letting them know.

David

Well i now do know what the problem is.

When calling with G711a is calls out with no CLI, when using G723, or
the other one they like... It sends CLI