Need several attempts to call with Sipgate

Old June 4th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
George

Default Need several attempts to call with Sipgate

Hi Guys

I think Ivor would be the best person to respond to this, but feel
whoever you are! I'm using Sipate, and I have noticed two
things...Firstly I need to try up to 20 times to get through to any PSTN
number ('an error has occured'). Also, sometimes, the quality is
excellent, other times it is choppy, and sounds like a mobile with a
poor signal. I have a 2Mb DSL connection, with no other programs
running. Anybody have any ideas?

George

Old June 4th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

George wrote:
Hi Guys

I think Ivor would be the best person to respond to this, but feel
whoever you are! I'm using Sipate, and I have noticed two
things...Firstly I need to try up to 20 times to get through to any
PSTN number ('an error has occured'). Also, sometimes, the quality
is excellent, other times it is choppy, and sounds like a mobile
with a poor signal. I have a 2Mb DSL connection, with no other
programs running. Anybody have any ideas?

George

It would help to know the exact setup you're using, equipment, settings
etc.

If you'd like to do some tests email me direct with your number.

--
Ivor

(replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)

Old June 5th 05, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
George

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
George wrote:
Hi Guys

I think Ivor would be the best person to respond to this, but feel
whoever you are! I'm using Sipate, and I have noticed two
things...Firstly I need to try up to 20 times to get through to any
PSTN number ('an error has occured'). Also, sometimes, the quality
is excellent, other times it is choppy, and sounds like a mobile
with a poor signal. I have a 2Mb DSL connection, with no other
programs running. Anybody have any ideas?

George

It would help to know the exact setup you're using, equipment,
settings etc.

If you'd like to do some tests email me direct with your number.

--
Ivor

(replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)

Hi Ivor.

At the moment, I'm using X-Lite v2. I do intend to purchase an ATA when
I can get a reliable service though.
Another point worth noting, is that I have no problem receiving incoming
calls at all. Also, today, for the first time, I have been able to call
who I want first time. All seems very strange!
My computer set-up is as follows:-

GlobespanVirata Viking ADSL Router - I have set up the NAT with a bimap
rule for my PCs IP address, meaning that all ports are forwarded to that
PC, so there is no issue with ports.

I have set up X-lite exactly as described on the Sipgate website.

George