ATA-486 and VoIPBuster

Old June 6th 05, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default ATA-486 and VoIPBuster

Anyone got the Grandstream ATA-486 working with VoIPBuster?

I've posted my settings to the VoIPBuster Forum, but no Grandstream user
has replied.

Anyone? So that we can compare settings?

Thanks,

David
Old June 6th 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Anyone got the Grandstream ATA-486 working with VoIPBuster?

I've posted my settings to the VoIPBuster Forum, but no Grandstream user
has replied.

Anyone? So that we can compare settings?

Thanks,

David

I have the 286 and can make outgoing calls but incoming calls don't seem to
get through.

Do you have the same problem or can't you make outgoing calls (in which
case I may be able to help with settings)?

Old June 7th 05, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi guys,

I'm also suffering the same problem with my GS-Handytone 486.

Outgoing calls are fine, but when I call my voip from my POTS NTL line
I get a recorded message saying "Sorry there is a high demand for this
destination".

If I disconnect my GS-486 and use the VOIPBUSTER software then all
works fine.

Cheers,

Tim.

Old June 7th 05, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Chris writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Anyone got the Grandstream ATA-486 working with VoIPBuster?

Anyone? So that we can compare settings?

I have the 286 and can make outgoing calls but incoming calls don't seem to
get through.

Do you have the same problem or can't you make outgoing calls (in which
case I may be able to help with settings)?

The ATA registers, but I cannot make outgoing calls. After a pause I
get beep-beep-beep etc.

My settings are as follows (version 1.0.5.23)

SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
Outbound Proxy: (blank)
SIP User ID: my login name
Authenticate ID: (blank)
Authenticate Password: my login password
Name: (blank)
Vocoder 1: PCMU
Vocoder 2 - 7: PCMA
Silence Suppression: Yes
Voice Frames: 8
Use DNS SRV: No
User ID is phone no.: No
SIP Regis: Yes
Unreg on reboot: No
Early Dial: No
local SIP port: 5060
local RTP port: 5004
Use random port: Yes
NAT Traversal: Yes
STUN server: stun.voipbuster.com
keep-alive int: 20
Use NAT IP: (blank)
Proxy-Requi (blank)
Send DTMF: via RTP
Send Anonymous: No
Special Featu Standard

I have played around with many variations of the above and get nowhere.

David

Old June 8th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Liam

They said they are removing sip support. whether this means support from
them or disabling sip i dont know

liam

Old June 8th 05, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Liam writes
They said they are removing sip support. whether this means support from
them or disabling sip i dont know

(Please see footnote)

And then immediately re-instated SIP support.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?