Asterisks setting up

Old June 7th 05, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default Asterisks setting up

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend any tools for configuration of asterisk? my linux
machine running Linspire (ex Lindows) has asterisk installed as an option,
but there is no GUI option, I understand you can get GUI tools is this
correct?

Also does asterisk handle NAT translation for users, such as having built in
STUN server?

Cheers

Old June 7th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

RH wrote:
|| Hi everyone,
|| Can anyone recommend any tools for configuration of asterisk? my
|| linux machine running Linspire (ex Lindows) has asterisk installed
|| as an option, but there is no GUI option, I understand you can get
|| GUI tools is this correct?

there have been many efforts - see
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+GUI

|| Also does asterisk handle NAT translation for users, such as having
|| built in STUN server?

It doesn't use STUN. Port forwarding, DMZ or Public IP required.

Old June 10th 05, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Angus Comber

If you install [email protected] you get a web interface for configuration. It
is a good place to start. You even get an ISO image which you can cut to a
CD and boot off to install.

Angus

Old June 30th 05, 10:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
shido

"RH" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend any tools for configuration of asterisk? my linux
machine running Linspire (ex Lindows) has asterisk installed as an option,
but there is no GUI option, I understand you can get GUI tools is this
correct?

Also does asterisk handle NAT translation for users, such as having built
in STUN server?

Cheers

[email protected] works fine if you already have a working asterisk install,
otherwise you're going to run into some problems. If you're looking for
Asterisk training you can schedule a session with http://www.nufone.net

Asterisk does deal with NAT.

IM: