Voipfone and X-Lite Problems

Old June 9th 05, 07:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default Voipfone and X-Lite Problems

I have set up X-Lite with voipfone as per instructions on their site. At
first it worked but now I'm getting login timed out contact admin (it
doesn't log in in the first place). I have also being getting log in failed,
contact admin.
I have dropped them an email but wondered if any of you guys new if I had a
setting wrong somewhere.
Here are a couple of entrys from my diagnostics log if that helps:

SEND TIME: 17210890
SEND 212.187.162.179:5065
REGISTER sip:voipfone.co.uk SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
192.168.2.2:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bK6588302AE6324 D26AD00835222F4BECF
From: Philip Earnshaw ;tag=2761824322
To: Philip Earnshaw
Contact: "Philip Earnshaw" :5060
Call-ID:
CSeq: 63993 REGISTER
Expires: 1800
Max-Forwards: 70

SEND TIME: 17214140
From: Philip Earnshaw ;tag=2761824322
To: Philip Earnshaw

Old June 9th 05, 07:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Forgot to say I have tried disabling my routers Nat firewall, this makes no
difference I still get the same error messages.

From: Philip Earnshaw ;tag=2761824322
To: Philip Earnshaw
Contact: "Philip Earnshaw" :5060
Call-ID:

CSeq: 63993 REGISTER
Expires: 1800
Max-Forwards: 70

i use a snom and sipura with voipfone but i just installed the xlite
and it worked logged in straight away may be you are have a firewall
that is blocking somthing

Mat

Old June 9th 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul D.Smith

Have you got STUN etc. configured correctly?

Paul DS.

Old June 9th 05, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul D.Smith

Also, I'd get a copy of Ethereal and sniff both the working (other
applications) and X-Lite packets then look for differences.

Paul DS.

Old June 9th 05, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

It's working now. I got an email from support and they hadn't activated the
account properley. One question when I'm talking to someone if they are
silent I don't here their audio when they start speaking for about half a
second and if they are'ntr talking very lound their audio keeps dropping.
Could someone go through the ideal audio settings for transmitted and
received audio as I don't know what half the settings mean when I go into
the audio setting for X-Lite. Sorry for being thick. Thanks in advance.