[email protected] - X-Lite

Old June 9th 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

I've got an [email protected] box at site "A" on a public IP. On site "B" I
have three X-Lie installations all behind a NATed firewall trying to talk to
the [email protected] box over the net.

Thing is only one of the X-Lite installations can connect - all the others
just time out trying. I've checked everything I can and as far as I can tell
they're all set up in the same way (to different extensions though). They're
all new, fresh installations of the latest version, and the one that can
connect can connect to any/all extensions. All are on Windows 2000. One of
the ones that can't connect to my [email protected] box can connect to a sipgate account,
no problem.

Any ideas/pointers anyone?

TIA

Old June 9th 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

Rupert wrote:
I've got an [email protected] box at site "A" on a public IP. On site "B" I
have three X-Lie installations all behind a NATed firewall trying to talk to
the [email protected] box over the net.

Thing is only one of the X-Lite installations can connect - all the others
just time out trying. I've checked everything I can and as far as I can tell
they're all set up in the same way (to different extensions though). They're
all new, fresh installations of the latest version, and the one that can
connect can connect to any/all extensions. All are on Windows 2000. One of
the ones that can't connect to my [email protected] box can connect to a sipgate account,
no problem.

Any ideas/pointers anyone?

When traffic destined back to the X-Lite installations is received on
your nated firewall, how does the firewall know which inside device is
to receive the traffic???

Old June 9th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Newman

The SIP port and RTP port need to be unique across all x-lite installations
on your LAN. You can change them in the Network menu in x-lite. The defaults
- SIP port: 5060
- RTP port 8000 (also uses 8001)
Each additional 'line' in x-lite uses another 2 ports, e.g. 2nd line uses
8002 and 8003.

Just change them to something else on the 2nd machine, leaving a suitable
gap for RTP, e.g. 5061 and 8010. Likewise for 3rd and subsequent machines.

Hope that helps.

Old June 14th 05, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

"Paul Newman" wrote in message
eenews.net...

The SIP port and RTP port need to be unique across all x-lite

installations
on your LAN. You can change them in the Network menu in x-lite. The

defaults
- SIP port: 5060
- RTP port 8000 (also uses 8001)
Each additional 'line' in x-lite uses another 2 ports, e.g. 2nd line uses
8002 and 8003.

Just change them to something else on the 2nd machine, leaving a suitable
gap for RTP, e.g. 5061 and 8010. Likewise for 3rd and subsequent machines.

Hope that helps.

Yep, I did - sorted. Thanks.