VoIPBuster and double DTMF tones

Old June 9th 05, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default VoIPBuster and double DTMF tones

anyone else havig this problem?
If i call my land line with VoIPBuster (From my Sip phone, via my asterisk
box!) when I press a number on the SIP phone, the DTMF tone is played twice
to the land line?

It only happens with VoIPBuster (Just tried it with VoIPTalk, Sipgate and
VoIPUser), (It wasn't doing it yesterday, and I haven't changed anything
(honest!))

Sparks...

Old June 10th 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

If i call my land line with VoIPBuster (From my Sip phone, via my
asterisk box!) when I press a number on the SIP phone, the DTMF tone
is played twice to the land line?

Paul D.Smith wrote:
Umm. There are at least 3 methods used for sending DTMF tones using
SIP. My guess is that your system is simultaneously using two and
VoIPBuster is incorrectly presenting both to the PSTN (land line).

I would check to see if your phone and/or asterisk is configured for
one or more of

- INFO method (might mention "application/dtmf-relay")
- in media (has many names!)
- RFC2833

If there are multiples, select RFC2833 and try. You may need to
select an alternate if this doesn't work. RFC2833 is the preferred
system but older software may not support it.

Paul DS.

I checked my config on the SIP phone (BudgeTone) and it is set to SIP-Info

Do you know where I need to check in Asterisk!?

Sparks...

Old June 10th 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul D.Smith

I checked my config on the SIP phone (BudgeTone) and it is set to SIP-Info

Do you know where I need to check in Asterisk!?

Sparks...

Sorry. I know the SIP standards but not much about the various software
that is out there. There seem to be a lot of asterisk users though so it
shouldn't be too hard to find.

Good luck,
Paul DS

Old June 14th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul D.Smith

Sparks,

Did you manage to solve this? If so, how?

Cheers,
Paul DS

Old June 15th 05, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Paul D.Smith wrote:
Sparks,

Did you manage to solve this? If so, how?

Yes,

I opened another account, this one was fine!
(Switching back to the old one gave me the double tones again, so it was
their end!)

Sparks...