Semi-noob question...

Old June 10th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs

Default Semi-noob question...

Don't blame me for the question, but I would like to have the NG
opinion about a product I would like to have.

I'm going to buy a Netgear TA-612 (not the Sipgate branded - and
locked!) VoIP adapter and router all-in-one, to connect two VoIP
accounts (Sipgate and Messagenet.it) on a single (or eventually two)
POTS phone(s), and a ethernet wireless switch (to buy later, together
with a laptop with Wireless LAN).
I'm on a Blueyonder-TW 2/256 Mb ethernet connection through a Motorola
SB-5100 Cablemodem.
I'm actually using X-Lite, and all two accounts are working fine (even
engaged on both lines in conversation and downloading...!).

Someone already has used the Netgear TA-612 in such context?
What's the result? Other suggestions? Other brand/make/model of
devices? I would prefer a all-in-one solution, not an ATA + router
bundle (space problems).

It's too soon for a VoIP + router + wireless access point device? :-)

TIA

--
▀odincus Ě The Y2K Druid
I'm watching you....