DISA & Voip DID with [email protected]

Old June 10th 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Default DISA & Voip DID with [email protected]

Hello.

I am struggling to set up an inbound number that I can enter a PIN to obtain
a dial tone.........and then dial out on another trunk.

I've followed instructions for Asterisk, however, the Asterisk Management
Portal doesn't seem to cope (or is it me?)

Old June 11th 05, 03:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

You can make an extension such as 1234567890, which if matched, takes
you into another context that allows you to dial out

[inbound-pin]
exten = s,1,DigitTimeout,5
exten = s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
exten = s,3,Background(silence/1)
exten = 1234567890,Goto(new-context,s,1)
exten = t,1,Hangup
exten = i,1,Hangup

[new-context]
exten = s,1,DigitTimeout,5
exten = s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
exten = s,3,Background(silence/1)
exten = _0.,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@some-provider-profile)
exten = t,1,Hangup
exten = i,1,Hangup

This is direct from config files, so not sure what you need for the web
GUI

Old June 13th 05, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
k...
Hello.

I am struggling to set up an inbound number that I can enter a PIN to

obtain
a dial tone.........and then dial out on another trunk.

I've followed instructions for Asterisk, however, the Asterisk Management
Portal doesn't seem to cope (or is it me?)

Hi

Once you want to do the more complex dialplans then it may be worth sticking
to vi and the command line.

Here is the way i dial out FYI.
The passwords and CLI number is held in a database, so access can be tightly
controlled, using the accountcode means a cdr record is created for that
account.

;password system

exten = 567,1,Answer ; Answer the line
exten = 567,2,DBget(passkey=auth_user/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten = 567,3,Authenticate(${passkey})
exten = 567,4,SetAccount(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten = 567,5,Goto(ivr,s,1)

[ivr]

exten = s,1,Background(please_choose)
exten = s,2,DigitTimeout,5
exten = s,3,ResponseTimeout,15

;Option1 allows outdialing

exten = 1,1,Goto(ivr_dial,s,1)

;Option2 goes to vmail

exten = 2,1,Goto(demo,1571,1)

;Option3 reads last two numbers then goes to vmail

exten = 3,1, DBget(num=called/99) ;sets spnum to be the required bin number
exten = 3,2, SetVar(count=1.000000)
exten = 3,3, DBget(cnum=called/${num})
exten = 3,4, Playback(beep)
exten = 3,5, SayDigits(${cnum})
exten = 3,6, GotoIf($[${num} = 1.000000]?998)
exten = 3,7, Math(num,${num}-1)
exten = 3,8, Math(count,${count}+1)
exten = 3,9, GotoIf($[${count} 3.000000]?3)
exten = 3,10, Goto(demo,1571,1)
exten = 3,998,SetVar(num=10.000000)
exten = 3,999,Goto(3)

exten = 9,1,Goto(demo,s,1)

;Option0 Goes back to the begining

exten = 0,1,Goto(ivr,s,1)
exten = t,1,hangup
exten = i,1,Goto(s,1)

[ivr_dial]

include = international
exten = s,1,Background(please_dial)
exten = s,2,DigitTimeout,5
exten = s,3,ResponseTimeout,15

exten = t,1,hangup
exten = i,1,Goto(s,1)

Hope it will give you an idea of what is possible
Ian

Old June 13th 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

JuliusP wrote:
|| You can make an extension such as 1234567890, which if matched, takes
|| you into another context that allows you to dial out
|| [inbound-pin]
|| exten = s,1,DigitTimeout,5
|| exten = s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
|| exten = s,3,Background(silence/1)
|| exten = 1234567890,Goto(new-context,s,1)
|| exten = t,1,Hangup
|| exten = i,1,Hangup
|| [new-context]
|| exten = s,1,DigitTimeout,5
|| exten = s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
|| exten = s,3,Background(silence/1)
|| exten = _0.,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@some-provider-profile)
|| exten = t,1,Hangup
|| exten = i,1,Hangup
|| This is direct from config files, so not sure what you need for the
|| web GUI

Thanks for your input. It looks like another weekend's gonna be used up!

Old June 13th 05, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Ian" spam"AT wrote:
|| "The Cable Guy" wrote in message
|| k...
||| Hello.
||| I am struggling to set up an inbound number that I can enter a PIN
||| to obtain a dial tone.........and then dial out on another trunk.
||| I've followed instructions for Asterisk, however, the Asterisk
||| Management Portal doesn't seem to cope (or is it me?)
|| Hi
|| Once you want to do the more complex dialplans then it may be worth
|| sticking to vi and the command line.
|| Here is the way i dial out FYI.
|| The passwords and CLI number is held in a database, so access can be
|| tightly controlled, using the accountcode means a cdr record is
|| created for that account.
snipped but saved & not ignored

|| Hope it will give you an idea of what is possible
|| Ian

Hi Ian,

I (think) I knew what was possible............except I'm finding this bit
IMpossible :-)

Changing the subject, how would I prefix an incoming SIP Caller ID with a
single digit. I want 01132345678 to show up on my CID as 901132345678 - so
that I can dial it easily.

I've been able to do this easily on my PSTN line as I'm using a Sipura
SPA3000 which is able to add the prefix.

Old June 13th 05, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
. uk...
Ian" spam"AT wrote:
|| "The Cable Guy" wrote in message
|| k...
||| Hello.
||| I am struggling to set up an inbound number that I can enter a PIN
||| to obtain a dial tone.........and then dial out on another trunk.
||| I've followed instructions for Asterisk, however, the Asterisk
||| Management Portal doesn't seem to cope (or is it me?)
|| Hi
|| Once you want to do the more complex dialplans then it may be worth
|| sticking to vi and the command line.
|| Here is the way i dial out FYI.
|| The passwords and CLI number is held in a database, so access can be
|| tightly controlled, using the accountcode means a cdr record is
|| created for that account.
snipped but saved & not ignored

|| Hope it will give you an idea of what is possible
|| Ian

Hi Ian,

I (think) I knew what was possible............except I'm finding this bit
IMpossible :-)

Changing the subject, how would I prefix an incoming SIP Caller ID with a
single digit. I want 01132345678 to show up on my CID as 901132345678 - so
that I can dial it easily.

I've been able to do this easily on my PSTN line as I'm using a Sipura
SPA3000 which is able to add the prefix.

well

SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})

seems to work Ok, you could also try SetCIDNum but even though it sets the
number internally the sets still display it with out the 9

Ian

Old June 13th 05, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

Changing the subject, how would I prefix an incoming SIP Caller ID with a
single digit. I want 01132345678 to show up on my CID as 901132345678 -
so
that I can dial it easily.

well

SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})

seems to work Ok, you could also try SetCIDNum but even though it sets
the
number internally the sets still display it with out the 9

Ian

Hmm, I should've paid more attention during the foreign language
lessons.............

Do I do this from the Command line?

Old June 13th 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
. uk...

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

Changing the subject, how would I prefix an incoming SIP Caller ID with

single digit. I want 01132345678 to show up on my CID as 901132345678 -
so
that I can dial it easily.

well

SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})

seems to work Ok, you could also try SetCIDNum but even though it sets
the
number internally the sets still display it with out the 9

Ian

Hmm, I should've paid more attention during the foreign language
lessons.............

Do I do this from the Command line?

Ah these gui users ;-)

The line needs to be added to the context for the incoming call in the
extensions.conf so it looks similar to this.

exten = ${sipgate},1,SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})
exten = ${sipgate},2,Dial(SIP/phone17,30,t,r)
exten = ${sipgate},3,Voicemail(u2204)
exten = ${sipgate},102,voicemail(b2204)
exten = ${sipgate},103,Hangup

so you will need to edit the file with vi or what ever editor you use when
connecting to the box via putty or what ever SSH client you are using.

Ian

Old June 13th 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Ian" spam"AT wrote:
|| "The Cable Guy" wrote in message
|| . uk...
||| Hmm, I should've paid more attention during the foreign language
||| lessons.............
||| Do I do this from the Command line?
|| Ah these gui users ;-)
Hehe. Trouble is, I've got it to a point, following lots of work, where it's
doing what I want it to do. I can't face the transition to [email protected]
version.

|| The line needs to be added to the context for the incoming call in
|| the extensions.conf so it looks similar to this.
|| exten = ${sipgate},1,SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})
|| exten = ${sipgate},2,Dial(SIP/phone17,30,t,r)
|| exten = ${sipgate},3,Voicemail(u2204)
|| exten = ${sipgate},102,voicemail(b2204)
|| exten = ${sipgate},103,Hangup
|| so you will need to edit the file with vi or what ever editor you
|| use when connecting to the box via putty or what ever SSH client you
|| are using.
|| Ian

Putty is not something which I relate to computers!

I think I know what you mean......I'll let you know.