Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number

Old June 10th 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Millington

Default Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number

It may just be me but I've got 2 sipgate accounts/phones at 2
different sites:

- each phone can call PSTN landlines
- each phone can receive PSTN calls

But, if I try and call one phone from the other, I just get the
"person you are calling is not available" message. Is anyone else
getting this?

- Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
- mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -
Old June 10th 05, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Stuart Millington wrote:
|| It may just be me but I've got 2 sipgate accounts/phones at 2
|| different sites:
|| - each phone can call PSTN landlines
|| - each phone can receive PSTN calls
|| But, if I try and call one phone from the other, I just get the
|| "person you are calling is not available" message. Is anyone else
|| getting this?
|| --
|| ------------------------------------------------------------------
|| - Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
|| - mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -

Are you dialling 6 digit/11 digit loc/nat numbers or 7 digit sip numbers?

Old June 11th 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Millington

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:38:16 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
wrote:
Stuart Millington wrote:

|| But, if I try and call one phone from the other, I just get the
|| "person you are calling is not available" message. Is anyone else
|| getting this?

Are you dialling 6 digit/11 digit loc/nat numbers or 7 digit sip numbers?

Same results with both the full 11 digit numbers (STD+number) and
the 7 digit sipgate account numbers :-(

Old June 11th 05, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Stuart Millington wrote:
|| On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:38:16 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
|| wrote:
||| Are you dialling 6 digit/11 digit loc/nat numbers or 7 digit sip
||| numbers?
|| Same results with both the full 11 digit numbers (STD+number) and
|| the 7 digit sipgate account numbers :-(
|| --
|| ------------------------------------------------------------------
|| - Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
|| - mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}'s have probs as well.

P'rhaps it's time for bed!

Old June 11th 05, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:
Stuart Millington wrote:

But, if I try and call one phone from the other, I just get the
"person you are calling is not available" message. Is anyone else
getting this?

Are you dialling 6 digit/11 digit loc/nat numbers or 7 digit sip
numbers?

Same results with both the full 11 digit numbers (STD+number) and
the 7 digit sipgate account numbers :-(

My Birmingham 0121 number is fine both to and from the PSTN. I can dial
the London one from PSTN but not from my mobile. Calling out is fine.

I suspect the PSTN gateway has had a problem, it's happened before. It'll
probably be ok in an hour or so.

Ivor

Old June 11th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Millington

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:43:16 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

My Birmingham 0121 number is fine both to and from the PSTN. I can dial
the London one from PSTN but not from my mobile. Calling out is fine.

It's not PSTN = Sipgate I had problems with, both of those (01384
& 01902) were OK, just calling 1 sipgate number from another. I'll try
from some of the other linked sip services when I get the chance.

I suspect the PSTN gateway has had a problem, it's happened before. It'll
probably be ok in an hour or so.

This has been for a couple of days now. I'll ask support if it's
not working by next week.

Old June 14th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

wrote:
Stuart Millington wrote:

But, if I try and call one phone from the other, I just get the
"person you are calling is not available" message. Is anyone else
getting this?

Are you dialling 6 digit/11 digit loc/nat numbers or 7 digit sip
numbers?

Same results with both the full 11 digit numbers (STD+number) and
the 7 digit sipgate account numbers :-(

My Birmingham 0121 number is fine both to and from the PSTN. I can dial
the London one from PSTN but not from my mobile. Calling out is fine.

I suspect the PSTN gateway has had a problem, it's happened before. It'll
probably be ok in an hour or so.

A Sipgate to Sipgate call should not get anywhere near the PSTN gateway, If
it is then they have a problem with their enum lookup and may be resulting
in problems.

ian