Sipgate Down

Old June 11th 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Sipgate Down

Anyone else having problems with Sipgate?

Calling my numbers from PSTN either results in number not recognized or
we can not connect you to the service.
Old June 11th 05, 01:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
|| Anyone else having problems with Sipgate?
|| Calling my numbers from PSTN either results in number not recognized
|| or we can not connect you to the service.

I can ring out OK.

I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.

Old June 11th 05, 01:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

The Cable Guy wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
|| Anyone else having problems with Sipgate?
|| Calling my numbers from PSTN either results in number not recognized
|| or we can not connect you to the service.

I can ring out OK.

I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.

Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020, 01675)
Old June 11th 05, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| I can ring out OK.
||| I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
|| Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020,
|| 01675)

I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.

What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
more?

Old June 11th 05, 01:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

The Cable Guy wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| I can ring out OK.
||| I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
|| Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020,
|| 01675)

I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.

What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
more?

Because I can! I have USA and German number too, a number from Voip
Buster and a few others.
Old June 11th 05, 01:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Newman

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
The Cable Guy wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| I can ring out OK.
||| I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
|| Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020,
|| 01675)

I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.

What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
more?

Because I can! I have USA and German number too, a number from Voip Buster
and a few others.

Could I just make the point that there is a cost associated with providing
these numbers. If lots of people grab more numbers than are necessary, there
is less of a chance that the service will continue to be available to the
rest of us.

Maybe you have a genuine need for so many numbers, and you fund each one, in
which case I apologise.

--
Paul Newman

Old June 11th 05, 01:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Paul Newman wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message

The Cable Guy wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| I can ring out OK.
||| I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
|| Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020,
|| 01675)

I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.

What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
more?

Because I can! I have USA and German number too, a number from Voip Buster
and a few others.

Could I just make the point that there is a cost associated with providing
these numbers. If lots of people grab more numbers than are necessary, there
is less of a chance that the service will continue to be available to the
rest of us.

Maybe you have a genuine need for so many numbers, and you fund each one, in
which case I apologise.

--
Paul Newman

There are genuine reasons for the numbers, and money is put into them.
Old June 11th 05, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]
*Please* put a space in here dex it makes life so much easier g

I just put a space in my killfile for him until such time as he learns
English. I had assumed he was about 11, but he revealed that he was
somewhat older. It seems that education standards weren't very good in
the 50s either

[...]
Unused numbers can be returned to the pool if unused for a period of
time, there isn't currently a fixed ceiling on this but I wouldn't
expect to keep a number that you haven't used for 6 months or so. If
you know you won't need an account/number any more tell Sipgate and
the number can be returned to the pool straight away.

The wholesale cost to Sipgate for a number is surprisingly high. They
seem to be giving the numbers away and hiking the call prices to cover
the cost. This doesn't look to be good business sense given that one
can easily avoid Sipgate's call prices by using 1899 instead.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc