Voipfone vat

Old June 11th 05, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joel

Default Voipfone vat

Can someone tell me whether the rates quoted for Voipfone on their web
pages include VAT or not? I'm probably missing the obvious, but I can't
find anywhere where this is stated one way or the other.
--
Joel Feinstein, Nottingham UK, http://www.ourfavouritecompanies.com

Old June 11th 05, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robin Grayson

On 10 Jun 2005 16:03:19 -0700, "Joel"
wrote:

Can someone tell me whether the rates quoted for Voipfone on their web
pages include VAT or not? I'm probably missing the obvious, but I can't
find anywhere where this is stated one way or the other.

On the main page under T&C's it reads:

DISCLAIMER: We can not guarantee that these details will always be
up-to-date or accurate (even when updated). Please check with the
companies themselves for their latest details and for rates to
countries, phones or times that we have not listed. In our search for
cheap phone rates we have attempted to find figures that are accurate
to the nearest 0.5 pence per minute, and include VAT.
Old June 11th 05, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joel

wrote:

Can someone tell me whether the rates quoted for Voipfone on their web
pages include VAT or not? I'm probably missing the obvious, but I can't
find anywhere where this is stated one way or the other.

On the main page under T&C's it reads:

DISCLAIMER: We can not guarantee that these details will always be
up-to-date or accurate (even when updated). Please check with the
companies themselves for their latest details and for rates to
countries, phones or times that we have not listed. In our search for
cheap phone rates we have attempted to find figures that are accurate
to the nearest 0.5 pence per minute, and include VAT.

Yes, those are MY terms and conditions! And I am indeed attempting to
determine whether the voipfone ( http://www.voipfone.co.uk/ ) rates
include VAT or not. My initial assumption is that they do, but I am
hoping that someone can give me a definitive answer.
--
Joel Feinstein, Nottingham UK, http://www.ourfavouritecompanies.com

Old June 11th 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On 11 Jun 2005 03:28:30 -0700, "Joel"
wrote:

And I am indeed attempting to
determine whether the voipfone ( http://www.voipfone.co.uk/ ) rates
include VAT or not

they make a big thing of ITSPA membership, and their code of practice
says "Members must make clear whether any
such charges quoted are inclusive or exclusive of VAT."

like you I can't tell, so I emailed them to ask (and request they make
it clear as per the C.O.P)

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old June 11th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:48:49 +0100, Phil Thompson
wrote:

so I emailed them to ask

and the rather quick response was:-

"Our prices do include vat but as you are probably aware we
re-launched with our new package builder system on the 1st of this
month and our entire website is being revamped and many new pages are
still to be added although this work should be complete by Monday.

As founder members of ITSPA we are well aware of the codes of
practise and we are in the process of making the required changes to
our systems/network and website including information regarding vat,
999 calls and dispute resolution."

Phil