Problems with Gradwell service

Old June 11th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don Carter

Default Problems with Gradwell service

Hi

My setup is

Gradwell.net VOIP service using Xten Lite.
USB Handset

I can hear when I make calls but can not be heard
The speaker in the handset works well under windows (I can hear sound
through it)
The microsphone works well under windows (I can record my voice using
Windows sound recorder)

When I dial 160 on the xten software, I can not hear anything echoed
back to me.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Don Carter
Old June 11th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

Don Carter wrote:

I can hear when I make calls but can not be heard

[...]
When I dial 160 on the xten software, I can not hear anything echoed
back to me.

Are you using a router or a firewall with your computer (I hope the
answer to the latter is "yes")? If so maybe you need to open up some
ports for the X-lite?

Gradwell have a list of likely ports you may need open for VoIP.

On the other hand, you could always get youself a nice little hardware

Old June 11th 05, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

Dave Gill wrote:

Gradwell have a list of likely ports you may need open for VoIP.

Have a look he

http://tinyurl.com/b8gkd