18866 voip

Old June 13th 05, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Web Sniffer

Default 18866 voip

I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.

I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.

I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.

But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to ring me
won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.

In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with 18866.

Can someone help, please?

Old June 13th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{Welcome}}}}

"Web Sniffer" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...

I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.

I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.

I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.

But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to ring me
won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.

In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with 18866.

Can someone help, please?

18866 VoIP service is a dial out service only.

What you need to do is add both the Sipgate settings, and the 18866 settings
to x-lite.

For example 18866 settings in the default proxy, and then sipgate settings
in proxy 1.

If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out, add that
number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details for 18866.

Old June 13th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes

"Web Sniffer" wrote in message
news:[email protected] teranews...

[...]

You can't do that any more :-(

David
Old June 14th 05, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Web Sniffer

In article , says...
[...]

Which bit can't you do?
Old June 14th 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh David Floyd:
[...]

If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:

Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
Password: 18866 account number

Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able to call
from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.

Old June 14th 05, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh David Floyd:
[...]

I wish I was.

Been trying for some time. I'll end up collecting more Sipgate numbers than
I need at this rate.

I can use 18866 from my landline but not with VOIP

1899, I can use with numbers I registered with originally, however, no new
number will work.

Old June 14th 05, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
Thus spaketh David Floyd:
In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes

If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out,
add that number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details
for 18866.

You can't do that any more :-(

David

If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:

Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
Password: 18866 account number

Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able to call
from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.

I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.

DF
Old June 14th 05, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh The Cable Guy:

I can use 18866 from my landline but not with VOIP

1899, I can use with numbers I registered with originally, however,
no new number will work.

With 1899 I am having the opposite trouble, original registered numbers don't
work, yet newly added numbers do.

Old June 14th 05, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh The Cable Guy:

I can use 18866 from my landline but not with VOIP

1899, I can use with numbers I registered with originally, however,
no new number will work.

With 1899 I am having the opposite trouble, original registered numbers
don't work, yet newly added numbers do.

I can't even get a sensible reply from either company. All they send is a
brief sentence, usually without answering my query, followed by "we hope
this has answered your query" (or similar)