18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles

Old June 14th 05, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default 18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles

On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that calls
to mobiles are 15p/min!

Old June 14th 05, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that
calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

Old June 14th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

Joe wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote:
On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed
that calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

Expensive, even compared to BT.

18866 is now only cheaper than BT Option 1 for: Vodafone and 3 in the
daytime, 3 in the evening, and T-Mobile and Orange on weekends.

--
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and
water.
Old June 14th 05, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Joe writes

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that
calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

If you'd been following various threads in u.k.v you would realize that
this is a price hike and is more expensive that using 18866 via POTS.
You would expect VoIP to be cheaper than PSTN calls.

DF