PlusNet to launch Voip service

Old June 14th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Carver

Default PlusNet to launch Voip service

See:-

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2255

And

http://www.plus.net/residential/voice/plustalk.shtml

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old June 15th 05, 03:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
See:-

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2255

And

http://www.plus.net/residential/voice/plustalk.shtml

--
Mark

Not much use really you can only call other Plusnet customers

Old June 15th 05, 04:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Hoyle

Phil wrote:
Not much use really you can only call other Plusnet customers

Plus there's no peering (*758?) so you can't even call plusnet
customers from outside.

OTOH it's probably great if you are a plusnet customer calling another
plusnet customer...

Old June 15th 05, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Hills

Tony Hoyle wrote:
Phil wrote:

Not much use really you can only call other Plusnet customers

Plus there's no peering (*758?) so you can't even call plusnet
customers from outside.

OTOH it's probably great if you are a plusnet customer calling another
plusnet customer...

I wish isps would introduce a sip service, so as a customer, you could
register as , then it would be much more simple
to call each other. The sad thing is it's stupidly easily to set up,
since these days most sip systems support a radius backend. I think the
only thing preventing it taking off is the migration of e164.arpa from
trial to production, and the system in place to manage it.
Old June 15th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geoff Winkless

Chris Hills wrote:
I wish isps would introduce a sip service, so as a customer, you could
register as , then it would be much more simple
to call each other. The sad thing is it's stupidly easily to set up,
since these days most sip systems support a radius backend. I think the
only thing preventing it taking off is the migration of e164.arpa from
trial to production, and the system in place to manage it.

As I understand it they plan on doing exactly that.

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/voi...sing_faq.shtml

Geoff
Old June 17th 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PlusNet Support Team

"Geoff Winkless" ] wrote in message
t...
Chris Hills wrote:
I wish isps would introduce a sip service, so as a customer, you could
register as , then it would be much more simple to
call each other. The sad thing is it's stupidly easily to set up, since
these days most sip systems support a radius backend. I think the only
thing preventing it taking off is the migration of e164.arpa from trial
to production, and the system in place to manage it.

As I understand it they plan on doing exactly that.

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/voi...sing_faq.shtml

Geoff

Hi,

It is indeed. The initial launch of PlusTalk just allows calls between
PlusNet customers, the next phase though will include peering with other SIP
providers and we'll also be adding PSTN break in/out too.

--
Regards,