Cheapest rates at the moment?

Old June 15th 05, 01:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Hoyle

Default Cheapest rates at the moment?

With 1899 and 18866 both going to higher than BT rates for mobile
calls, and voipbuster being higher than that (19.4p/minute!) who offers
the best rate now?

Cheapest looks like voipfone (11p), but they have a monthly fee which
offsets it (I don't make that many calls in a month, so it's quite a
difference).

Any better deals?

Tony

Old June 15th 05, 02:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Tony Hoyle wrote:
With 1899 and 18866 both going to higher than BT rates for mobile
calls, and voipbuster being higher than that (19.4p/minute!) who offers
the best rate now?

Cheapest looks like voipfone (11p), but they have a monthly fee which
offsets it (I don't make that many calls in a month, so it's quite a
difference).

Any better deals?

Tony

There is no monthly fee with voipfone if you just want to call mobiles.

They only charge monthly fees for bulk minutes and geographic numbers
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/builder.php

Mat

Old June 15th 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Mathew Curtis" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tony Hoyle wrote:
With 1899 and 18866 both going to higher than BT rates for mobile
calls, and voipbuster being higher than that (19.4p/minute!) who offers
the best rate now?

Cheapest looks like voipfone (11p), but they have a monthly fee which
offsets it (I don't make that many calls in a month, so it's quite a
difference).

Any better deals?

Tony

There is no monthly fee with voipfone if you just want to call mobiles.

They only charge monthly fees for bulk minutes and geographic numbers
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/builder.php

Mat

Voiptalk are 10p peak, 8p offpeak , 5p weekends on their prepay service.
and its a reliable service.

Ian

Old June 15th 05, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Hoyle

Ian wrote:

Voiptalk are 10p peak, 8p offpeak , 5p weekends on their prepay service.
and its a reliable service.

Their rates page states 14p/minute at all times.

Their 'silver' service quotes a 15 joining fee (despite their page
saying 'no joining fee' - that's just wrong), 3 a month charges and a
minimum contract!
No thanks...

Tony

Old June 15th 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Tony Hoyle" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ian wrote:

Voiptalk are 10p peak, 8p offpeak , 5p weekends on their prepay service.
and its a reliable service.

Their rates page states 14p/minute at all times.

Their 'silver' service quotes a 15 joining fee (despite their page
saying 'no joining fee' - that's just wrong), 3 a month charges and a
minimum contract!

Opps forgot to mention it was the silver service, as I took the rates from
when i was logged into my account, which as you say is a silver account. I
have been using it for nearly a year and it has proved to be cost effective
an very reliable. also as i topup at 50 at a time its 10% cheaper than
quoted. I dont know about the joining fee as that didnt exist at the time i
signed up.

But this is the difference between reliable business grade services and
residential services. Business users are happy to pay for reliablity and a
quality service.

whereas free services have the mindset that they dont need to provide a
reliable service as their "customers" arn't paying for the service.

As more mainstream IPPBXs start to support SiP trunks you will see an even
greater shake out of VOIP suppliers as the unreliable and unsustainable fall
by the wayside.

Ian

Old June 17th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Daniel

"Tony Hoyle" wrote in message
ups.com...
With 1899 and 18866 both going to higher than BT rates for mobile
calls, and voipbuster being higher than that (19.4p/minute!) who offers
the best rate now?

Voipbuster isn't 19.4p/minute!!! - It is 19.4 euro cents per minute (Approx
13p/min)

Daniel