Sipgate - Again

Old June 16th 05, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Sipgate - Again

Been having problems since last night.

Up until 07:30ish this morning calls to sipgate from a standard phone would
drop on answer.

Now calls from a standard phone only have one way audio, the other person can
hear me, I can't hear them, yet a call to my IPKall number which is linked to
my sipgate account works fine - audio both ways.

Old June 16th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TKD

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message ...
Been having problems since last night.

Up until 07:30ish this morning calls to sipgate from a standard phone would drop on answer.

Now calls from a standard phone only have one way audio, the other person can hear me, I can't
hear them, yet a call to my IPKall number which is linked to my sipgate account works fine - audio
both ways.

They have been having problems with their pstn gateway.

Old June 16th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phillip H

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Been having problems since last night.

Up until 07:30ish this morning calls to sipgate from a standard phone
would drop on answer.

Now calls from a standard phone only have one way audio, the other person
can hear me, I can't hear them, yet a call to my IPKall number which is
linked to my sipgate account works fine - audio both ways.

It's all bol**cks
Last one out of Voip turn out the lights please.

Old June 16th 05, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Phillip H" wrote in message

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Been having problems since last night.

Up until 07:30ish this morning calls to sipgate from a standard phone
would drop on answer.

Now calls from a standard phone only have one way audio, the other person
can hear me, I can't hear them, yet a call to my IPKall number which is
linked to my sipgate account works fine - audio both ways.

It's all bol**cks
Last one out of Voip turn out the lights please.

Didn't they say that when the wheel was first invented, and then the tyre
burst?

Old June 17th 05, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Kirby

Phillip H wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote

Been having problems since last night.

Up until 07:30ish this morning calls to sipgate from a standard phone
would drop on answer.

Now calls from a standard phone only have one way audio, the other person
can hear me, I can't hear them, yet a call to my IPKall number which is
linked to my sipgate account works fine - audio both ways.

It's all bol**cks
Last one out of Voip turn out the lights please.

My Grandstream BT101 (with software rev. 5.18) phone works just fine
on Sipgate - for both incoming and outgoing calls. No complaints here!
The call quality is great with much less audio delay than I had
expected. The Sipgate web site suggests I should have downgraded the
phone's firmware, but as it is working ok, I think I'll just leave
things just as they are. Much more convenient than using X-lite.

Their test number (10000) didn't work earlier in the week. It
answered, then held the line for 19 seconds, but there was no audio.
That problem has fixed itself.

--
Chris
Old June 27th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
VoIP Knowledge

If you don't want support, but want a free incoming number which works some
of the time then get a sipgate account.

wrote in message
news
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:44:27 +0100, "Phillip H"
wrote:

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Been having problems since last night.

Up until 07:30ish this morning calls to sipgate from a standard phone
would drop on answer.

Now calls from a standard phone only have one way audio, the other

person
can hear me, I can't hear them, yet a call to my IPKall number which is
linked to my sipgate account works fine - audio both ways.

It's all bol**cks
Last one out of Voip turn out the lights please.

Do give over Phillip it is only Sipgate that are rubbish good job they
do not charge a monthly fee or I would be out so quick you wouldn't
see me for dust BUT all VOIP providers are nowhere near has
incompetent . I have not had any hassle at all from my Voipfone and
Just dial voip services it is only Sipgate that gives problems .

Old June 30th 05, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DMac

So why give money to a GERMAN company of all nationalities when you
can support a UK company and help keep our own people in employment .

OK so what uk voip company can offer a free *geographic* number?

Old June 30th 05, 05:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
gumusluk

Voipfone will only give a geographic number if you pay 1.99 per
month. That's where Sipgate has the edge! You can get a lot of VOIP
calls for 1.99!

Old June 30th 05, 08:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

DMac wrote:
So why give money to a GERMAN company of all nationalities when you
can support a UK company and help keep our own people in employment .

OK so what uk voip company can offer a free *geographic* number?

none, because it's not a profitable thing to do.

peter

Old June 30th 05, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 29 Jun 2005, gumusluk writes
Voipfone will only give a geographic number if you pay 1.99 per
month. That's where Sipgate has the edge! You can get a lot of VOIP
calls for 1.99!

JustDialVoIP do to for 1.99 of inclusive offpeak UK calls.

DF