1899 not taking new sign-ups

Old June 16th 05, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete

Default 1899 not taking new sign-ups

Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?

I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.

Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :-)))

Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks again folk.

Pete.
Old June 16th 05, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sandman112

"Pete" wrote in message
Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?

I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.

Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :-)))

Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks again folk.

Pete.

dont know if this still works, it used to,

you could use your 18866 username and password with the settings (servers
and stuff) for 1899
it used to work a couple of months ago, worth a try

Old June 17th 05, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Pete:
Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but
as some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how
long it is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?

I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the
lists are closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.

Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :-)))

Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks again folk.

Pete.

If you are happy to use VoIP, you could try www.voipbuster.com which offer
free calls to the USA.

Wonder if 1899 they have completely disabled sign-ups, or you can use the old
trick of signing up using your mobile, and then once you have your customer
number, log back in and add your landline.

Old June 17th 05, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
:

Wonder if 1899 they have completely disabled sign-ups, or you can use
the old trick of signing up using your mobile, and then once you have
your customer number, log back in and add your landline.

An excellent suggestion and it worked instantly - THANK YOU for that.

Pete
Old June 17th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Pete" wrote in message
Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?

I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.

Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :-)))

Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks again folk.

Pete.

When I tried to register in May I got the-

"Due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register. Please
wait at least 6 weeks before attempting to register again"
message.

I tried with my Daughters number and it was successful.

I developed the 'theory' that the registration failed because the line was
already signed up to 18866, but I wasn't able to prove this conclusively

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 17th 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham:
"Pete" wrote in message
[...]

Register with a mobile and it will work.

My sister never had 18866 or 1899 when she tried to sign up, and 18866 gave
the capacity problem, so wouldn't be due to having another of their services,
think it's due to ensuring they don't have too many people making calls at the
same time from the same area (capacity). Got my sister to register with her
mobile instead first, and was able to sign up to both,