Several phones on the same lines

Old June 18th 05, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

Default Several phones on the same lines

Hello,

If I understood correctly,
If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have to use an
ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?

2) If I take a SPA-3000. I'll suppose that have to connect ALL my phones on
the RJ11 plug ?! - I need to wire the whole house for that :-(

3) is there anybody, who has the SPA-3000 manual (softcopy (PDF))? I did try
to find this on the web, but I can only find all the other ATA SPA except
the SPA-3000.....

Thanks in advanace for your help

Stephane

Old June 18th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:34:05 +0100, "Stephane M"
wrote:

If I understood correctly,
If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have to use an
ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?

one ATA with one phone socket could feed N phones via doublers,
triplers, wired extensions or whatever.

You don't need to rewire your house with RJ11 just intercept the
existing extension wiring close the master socket and feed the VoIP
connection into that instead of having it connect to the outside line.

Or use a DECT base station with multiple handsets.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old June 18th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Stephane M" writes:
Hello,

If I understood correctly,
If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have to use an
ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?

2) If I take a SPA-3000. I'll suppose that have to connect ALL my phones on
the RJ11 plug ?! - I need to wire the whole house for that :-(

You could position the SPA-3000 next to your master socket,
disconnect all your extensions from the master socket and
wire them to the SPA-3000, and then plug the SPA-3000 alone
into the master socket.

3) is there anybody, who has the SPA-3000 manual (softcopy (PDF))? I did try
to find this on the web, but I can only find all the other ATA SPA except
the SPA-3000.....

I couldn't find it either, and I also turned up a number of
reviews saying the main problem with the SPA-3000 is lack
of desent documentation.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old June 18th 05, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Stephane M wrote:
|| Hello,
|| If I understood correctly,
|| If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have to
|| use an ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?
|| 2) If I take a SPA-3000. I'll suppose that have to connect ALL my
|| phones on the RJ11 plug ?! - I need to wire the whole house for
|| that :-(
|| 3) is there anybody, who has the SPA-3000 manual (softcopy (PDF))? I
|| did try to find this on the web, but I can only find all the other
|| ATA SPA except the SPA-3000.....
|| Thanks in advanace for your help
|| Stephane

http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SPA-3000.pdf - more a fact sheet though.

There is a setup wizard on the Sipura site, so no need for a lengthy manual.

Also some (even better) wizards on the http://voxilla.com site.

Old June 18th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

Yes.... the documentation seems to be weak !!
http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SPA3000QuickStart.doc and that is all !!
:-(

Are you using a SPA3000 ?
I did read somewhere, that
- the SPA can be select you landline If your VoIP is down....
- You can call your SPA3000 (via a mobile for instance) and made a phone
call abroad via your SPA...

Easy to setup ??

Stephane

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .

Old June 18th 05, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

I finally found a manual...
http://www.sipura.com/Documents/Sipu...uidev2.0.9.pdf
It sounds to be something general.... but seems to describe the SPA-3000 !!

Old June 18th 05, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

If I understood correctly,
If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have
to use an ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?

Do you mean more than one *phone* or more than one *number*..? You cannot
have more than one number on a single account, but you can have two
numbers on two accounts via a single ATA such as the SPA2000 (IIRC the
3000 only has a single phone port).

one ATA with one phone socket could feed N phones via doublers,
triplers, wired extensions or whatever.

The REN of most ATA's is 3 not 4 as for a BT line so you could only
connect 3 phones without some sort of REN extender.

You don't need to rewire your house with RJ11 just intercept the
existing extension wiring close the master socket and feed the VoIP
connection into that instead of having it connect to the outside
line.

Or use a DECT base station with multiple handsets.

That's the easiest, you get intercom as well.

Ivor

Old June 18th 05, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Stephane M wrote:
|| Yes.... the documentation seems to be weak !!
|| http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SPA3000QuickStart.doc and that is
|| all !! :-(
|| Are you using a SPA3000 ?

Don't know if he is. I am.

|| I did read somewhere, that
|| - the SPA can be select you landline If your VoIP is down....

Yes. You can set it to automatically Fail-over to your landline.

|| - You can call your SPA3000 (via a mobile for instance) and made a
|| phone call abroad via your SPA...

You can dial in to your landline, for instance, and have tha SPA3k answer
the call and give you a dial tone. then, if you've set up PIN
authentication, you can enter a PIN and dial out using your VoIP account.
|| Easy to setup ??

Yes if you use a wizard, & no if you try it manually. Find the wizard in the
SPA Users' Groups on http://voxilla.com - it really is a piece of cake with
this.

Old June 18th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Stephane M" writes:
[...]

Try he http://www.sipura.com/Documents/Sipu...uidev2.0.9.pdf

This is a generic document pertaining to most Sipura ATA's but it does
mention the 3000.

Ivor

Old June 18th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:39:28 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

The REN of most ATA's is 3 not 4 as for a BT line so you could only
connect 3 phones without some sort of REN extender.

not usually a problem as the actual RENs are fractional but reported
in integers. Three clanky old phones with bells might be a worry.

Phil