Recommendations for a reliable VoIP Provider

Old June 19th 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Anderton

Default Recommendations for a reliable VoIP Provider

As the newly appointed Secretary of an organisation with world wide
membership (But no premises), I want to set up a VoIP system for members
to contact me. Specifically I want to publish a number (and eventually
numbers) that are separate from my other PSTN numbers.

Requirements a
1. Reliability
2. UK geographic number with the ability to add geographic numbers in
other parts of the world (possibly via other providers). Ideally free
but not necessarily so.
3. Because calls may come in outside UK Office hours need to have
voicemail facilities.
4. Low cost world wide outgoing calls.
5. CLI

I know that many providers offer these things but reliability is
critically important.

Any thoughts from the group.
--
Richard Anderton
Old June 19th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Richard Anderton wrote:
[...]

you wont go wrong with www.voipfone.co.uk i have been using them for
the past few months no problems at all and very good customer service

mat

Old June 19th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Mathew Curtis writes

wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:16:12 +0100, Richard Anderton
wrote:

Requirements a
1. Reliability

That rules OUT Sipgate for starters .

Dont be like that dex they do try :-)

Yes! Very trying!!
Old June 19th 05, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Richard Anderton wrote:
As the newly appointed Secretary of an organisation with world wide
membership (But no premises), I want to set up a VoIP system for members
to contact me. Specifically I want to publish a number (and eventually
numbers) that are separate from my other PSTN numbers.

Requirements a
1. Reliability
2. UK geographic number with the ability to add geographic numbers in
other parts of the world (possibly via other providers). Ideally free
but not necessarily so.
3. Because calls may come in outside UK Office hours need to have
voicemail facilities.
4. Low cost world wide outgoing calls.
5. CLI

I know that many providers offer these things but reliability is
critically important.

Any thoughts from the group.

We're very focused on the UK SME market, and with a good 1000 active
businesses using our services as their primary phone line, we take
reliability pretty seriously.

cheers
peter