RJ11 / RJ14

Old June 19th 05, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephane M

Default RJ11 / RJ14

Hello,

Very quick questions : (may be some of you guys, can answer me..)
I wish to make some RJ11 cable by myself. (I would need 2 extensions of 20
meters for my future ATA ! .. (as I do it with RJ45 cables)

I did look on a schematic for the RJ11 on the web
and I am surprised to see an RJ11/RJ14 with 6 cables!?! (I thought it was 4
!?

- Is there any Standard wiring for RJ11 ?
- What is the RJ14 for ???

Thanks in advance

Stephane

Old June 19th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:51:54 +0100, "Stephane M"
wrote:

- Is there any Standard wiring for RJ11 ?

in the US the centre two pins are used for 1-line phone systems, the
next pair out for 2-line and the 3rd pair for 3 line.

So you can have a single socket serving up to 3 lines. My 2-line phone
can run off one socket or two separate ones.

- What is the RJ14 for ???

6 wires. There's only one plug involved here, the numbers you quote
refer to how its being used.

http://www.answers.com/topic/registered-jack
http://www.bnoack.com/index.html?htt.../RJ_types.html

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !