Answering machine facilities

Old June 20th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JPG

Default Answering machine facilities

As I am completely new to voip I wonder if anyone can give me any guide to
answering machine facilities available with the service.

JPG
Old June 20th 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

JPG wrote:
As I am completely new to voip I wonder if anyone can give me any
guide to answering machine facilities available with the service.

Your question is open-ended as there are many VoIP providers, and
voicemail isn't an inherent feature of VoIP. So what voicemail you may
get depends on which provider you choose.

However, many providers use Asterisk to provide their service.
Asterisk has "Comedian Mail" voicemail built in, and it's so easy to
configure that it'd be criminal not to so you'll usually find that
voicemail on VoIP are based on that.

The feature list is he

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index....risk+voicemail

Note that your VoIP provider may limit the features available to you
for "security" or commercial reasons.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc
Old June 20th 05, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:00:16 +0100, JPG wrote:

As I am completely new to voip I wonder if anyone can give me any guide to
answering machine facilities available with the service.

you could plug one into an ATA.

Some services provide voicemail, BTBroadbandVoice for example has a
"1571" service included.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old June 21st 05, 01:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

As I am completely new to voip I wonder if anyone can give me any guide to
answering machine facilities available with the service.

JPG

Not quite sure what your requirements are,
But maybe its worth mentioning that Sipgate numbers come with a free
Voicemail service which can be configured to answer any calls to them
irrespective of whether they originate from VOIP or PSTN.
The incoming messages can be presented as .wav file attachments to your
email address

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%