Zoom X5v with Draytel?

Old June 20th 05, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Zoom X5v with Draytel?

Has anyone set up a Zoom X5V with DrayTel?

Alternatively, if I sign up to the Global Village package that comes
with the Zoom X5v router/adsl/Voip box, how can I dial a Draytel user
from the Zoom box?

Old June 22nd 05, 02:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

As it uses the 'sort of' std. SIP it should be perfectly possible to set up
Draytel on the X5v.

You need to find out if Global Village has a pairing agreement with Draytel
and what prefix no to dial to reach Draytel users.

Failing that set up both of you with sipgate.co.uk which is free and easy,
problem solved.

Finally, if you friend has a static IP you should be able to just dial it
with * in place of the full stops. Else you can exchange IP numbers via
email before making the call.
Regards,
Martin