help with configuring the Sipura SPA3000

Old June 23rd 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default help with configuring the Sipura SPA3000

Hello,

I recently purchased the Sipura SPA3000 PSTN/VOIP gateway box and although
it was from a UK supplier, it still came with its North American settings.

Does anyone have it correctly configured with UK settings? In particular
the Call Progress tones, the Loop-Break duration and the
Disconnect-Tone/duration.

My biggest problem seams to be that the SPA3000 at the moment isn't very
good at figguring out when a call has ended. For example, with BT, when
you are having a phone conversation and the other party hangs up, what
kind of sounds like a quick loop-break followed by what could be a 400hz
tone lasts for about 25-30 seconds. I think this 400-ish HZ tone might be
the equivalent of the North American disconnect tone which sounds like a
fast busy signal. I've tried plugging in 400hz as the disconnect tone but
no joy. Perhaps I have the tone wrong or the DB level.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
John

Old June 23rd 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

wrote:
If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

There are a number of UK specific threads in
http://voxilla.com/forum-viewforum-f-14.html

Matt.
Old June 23rd 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil Stratford

wrote:
Does anyone have it correctly configured with UK settings? In particular
the Call Progress tones, the Loop-Break duration and the
Disconnect-Tone/duration.

Here are the settings that we use:

PSTN Disconnect Detection:

- Detect CPC: yes
- Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
- PSTN Long Silence Detection: 30
- PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
- Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
- Disconnect Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
- Detect Polarity Reversal: no
- Detect Long VoIP silence: no
- Min CPC Duration: 0.085

International Control:

- FXO Port Impedance: 370+620||310nf

Neil

--
Neil Stratford [Vipadia Limited - www.vipadia.com]

Old June 24th 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Matt wrote:

wrote:
If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

There are a number of UK specific threads in
http://voxilla.com/forum-viewforum-f-14.html

Thanks Matt, this does look like a very good resource.

Matt.

Old June 30th 05, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Neil Stratford" writes:
wrote:
Does anyone have it correctly configured with UK settings? In particular
the Call Progress tones, the Loop-Break duration and the
Disconnect-Tone/duration.

Here are the settings that we use:

PSTN Disconnect Detection:

- Detect CPC: yes
- Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
- PSTN Long Silence Detection: 30
- PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
- Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
- Disconnect Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
- Detect Polarity Reversal: no
- Detect Long VoIP silence: no
- Min CPC Duration: 0.085

International Control:

- FXO Port Impedance: 370+620||310nf

Here are various tone settings I've put into mine, based on the BT SIN...

Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)
Reorder Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
Off Hook Warning Tone*: /1+2)
Ring Back Tone: /2/1+2)

Ring1 Cadence: 60(0.4/0.2,0.4/2)

Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK with PR(UK)

*I don't think the Sipura can do the BT Howler, so this just modifies
the US tone to run continuously. However, if I could find a detailed
description of this tone description format anywhere, then maybe it
could.

--
Andrew Gabriel