Skype Problems

Old June 24th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Skype Problems

Hi,

Just installed skype and have made a test call to their answerphone ok,
which plays back a message that I left.

The problem comes when calling someone on a normal phone (haven't tried
skype to skype as no one I know has it). I can hear the other person clear
as a bell, but they can't hear me.

I am using a Logitech webcam as my mic, and normal pc speakers as my
speakers.

TIA

Matt

Old June 24th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ted_radioham

It may be that it has re configured your record level, go to your sliders,
go to the record properties and see if the leval has gone down , another
thing that can happen is that it de selects your boost or gain control. This
is normally in playback properties then click advanced, see if it has been
de-selected. This happens on one of the voip progs I use and I have re set
whan I use other progs thaTt uses my mic.

One other thing go to sound and audio devices in control pannel and make
sure that the webcam mic is selected in the mic section.