August PC Pro magazine - VoIP article

Old June 25th 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default August PC Pro magazine - VoIP article

The August issue of PC Pro magazine is now out (whatever happened to
releasing just before the month in question..?!)

It has an extensive article on VoIP which is well worth reading. It
concentrates a lot on Skype, but the other systems, including Sipgate, do
get mentioned and there is a useful price comparison chart.

Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

Ivor

Old June 25th 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

The August issue of PC Pro magazine is now out (whatever happened to
releasing just before the month in question..?!)

It has an extensive article on VoIP which is well worth reading. It
concentrates a lot on Skype, but the other systems, including Sipgate, do
get mentioned and there is a useful price comparison chart.

Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

Does it begin with 'S' and end with 'E' ;-)
I bet we get some good guesses to this one.

Old June 25th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:57:52 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

verging on spam, two substantially identical postings of an
advertising nature.

As the founder member of the sipgate cheerleaders squad the fact that
you are posting it makes the outcome predictably tedious.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old June 25th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best
value..?!

verging on spam, two substantially identical postings of an
advertising nature.

Possibly, for which I apologise.

As the founder member of the sipgate cheerleaders squad the fact
that you are posting it makes the outcome predictably tedious.

I didn't write the article though.

Ivor

Old June 25th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:31:06 GMT, "GwG"
wrote:

Does it begin with 'S' and end with 'E' ;-)

Is that SkypE or SipgatE ?! :-)

Old June 26th 05, 08:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NewsAcc

This indeed was a cracking article which got me going on the subject.
However, rather bizzarely, my outlining questions (before reading the
article) were about call quality (codecs etc) and bandwidth used. They
didnt touch on any of these as I remember which I thought a bit strange.

Old June 26th 05, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:06:29 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

I didn't write the article though.

indeed. Personally I don't find these magazines "reference works" by
any stretch but the author's opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

Your enthusiasm is commendable and enjoyable but you do run the risk
of discrediting yourself when it comes to Sipgate.

I might even read the article, but you did put me off to start with
:-)

Phil
Old June 26th 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

I didn't write the article though.

indeed. Personally I don't find these magazines "reference works" by
any stretch but the author's opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

Your enthusiasm is commendable and enjoyable but you do run the risk
of discrediting yourself when it comes to Sipgate.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but I sincerely believe Sipgate
will come good in the end.

I might even read the article, but you did put me off to start with
:-)

Most of it's about Skype.

Ivor

Old June 26th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:33:04 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Most of it's about Skype.

now you *have* put me off.

Phil