Grandstream ATA 486 as a router

Old June 27th 05, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
George

Default Grandstream ATA 486 as a router

Hi. I've just ordered myself aGrandstream 486 ATA. I currently have a 1
x USB & 1 x Ethernet DSL router. My main PC uses the USB port (not ideal
I know, but it does the job), and my other (rarely used )PC connects to
the Ethernet. When the 486 arrives, would it be possible to connect the
WAN port of the 486 to the ethernet port on my router, and connect the
PC to the LAN port of the 486? I know that is in effect a
double-nat...which sounds like fun! The 2nd PC is only used by my dad on
a Saturday for very basic use...nothing more than web-pages to be
honest. I am planning on getting a 4 port router soon, I just don't have
the money just now. What I need for now is a work-around

Thanks

George

Old June 27th 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:11:30 +0100, "George"
wrote:

What I need for now is a work-around

probably work, or get a cheap hub/switch to multiply up the single
socket you have now.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !