Computer internet connection dropping with ATA

Old June 29th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Ikom

Default Computer internet connection dropping with ATA

Anyone experienced this and any solutions:
SPA-2100 connects fine to internet via NTL cable modem. Using SPA as
router. If I leave the computer on but unused for a couple of hours
when I come back the Sipura connects fine to the internet and I can
make calls - but the computer has lost its connection and I can only
get it back by rebooting Sipura, cable modem, and computer. As you can
imagine it is painful to have to do this every couple of hours!
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks
Old June 29th 05, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:20:30 GMT, James Ikom
wrote:

As you can
imagine it is painful to have to do this every couple of hours!
Any thoughts or suggestions?

DHCP lease time setting avaiable in the SPA ? set it to a large number
of days or to zero.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old June 29th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Ikom

Thanks for the tip Phil. It was set to 24 hours and I now set it to
0. I'll see if this solves the problem. BTW how does ATA interpret
the '0' setting?
Old June 29th 05, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:23:35 GMT, James Ikom
wrote:

BTW how does ATA interpret
the '0' setting?

usually DHCP server timeouts are turned off by entering zero, in fact
many things with time limit settings use this convention. So it will
grant a lease until 2037 or something similar.

Phil