18866 & 1899 "Your call18866 account may possibly be blocked at the moment..

Old June 29th 05, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default 18866 & 1899 "Your call18866 account may possibly be blocked at the moment..

....or in the near future, although you have paid all outstanding invoices
related to this account...

I have checked both my 18866 and 1899 accounts, and both are up to date
(Checked CC statement, and payments have cleared)

I have contacted 18866 via the fault report page three times explaining
this, but keep getting the following reply

"Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your email.
We are sorry to inform you that your account has been blocked, although you
have paid all outstanding invoices related to this account. This is most
likely caused by having another customer number with an outstanding amount.
This outstanding balance could also be with another company as several
telecom companies make use of the same payment collection system.
Please ensure you pay the outstanding invoices for all your customer numbers
to prevent your account(s) from being blocked (instructions how to pay can
be found on each company's website by logging in with the respective
customer number).
We hope this has answered your question."

What the hell do I need to do to get this sorted, I seem to be going in
circles!

(The only thing that I think it could be is, I tried to add ?1 to my
VoIPBuster account, and for some reason this failed - It won't let me add
just ?1 to the account now, it wants ?10 or more - I tried creating a new
VoIPBuster account, but when I try to add the ?1 to this, it emails me back,
telling me I already have another account (and does not take payment from
the card!)

Anyone else had this problem!? And if so, what did you do!

Sparks...

Old June 30th 05, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don Carter

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:04:51 +0100, "Sparks" wrote:

[...]

I could be wrong on this, it's not unknown for me to be wrong, just
ask my wife, but surely it's illegal under the consumer credit acts to
block an account because another account is outstanding, regardless of
what payment processing arrangements the two accounts may have in
common.