Is sipgate working?

Old June 30th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gary

Default Is sipgate working?

Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA failed
to log in since last night....

Old June 30th 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
George

"Gary" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
failed to log in since last night....

No problems here.

Old June 30th 05, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Gary wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
failed to log in since last night....

It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.

What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

Ivor

Old June 30th 05, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Gary wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
failed to log in since last night....

It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.

What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be made. I
cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone rang, but when I
answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears that this was the call I
tried to make. Three other test calls have resulted in two beep-beep-beeps,
and one connection, so yes, it appears there is a another problem.

I'm in the west of Nottingham area.

Old June 30th 05, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

GwG wrote:
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Gary wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine
ATA failed to log in since last night....

It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.

What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be
made. I cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone
rang, but when I answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears
that this was the call I tried to make. Three other test calls have
resulted in two beep-beep-beeps, and one connection, so yes, it
appears there is a another problem.
I'm in the west of Nottingham area.

No idea then, it's all ok here. I just had a friend ring me from Germany
and it was ok via Sipgate but when he tried the PSTN it failed the first
time but was ok the second.. he thinks it was a PSTN problem his end as he
couldn't dial another PSTN number either. I tried from my mobile and it
was fine.

Ivor

Old June 30th 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NewsAcc

Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA failed
to log in since last night....

I noticed that Sipgate was having issues yesterday (and still today). I
cant dial my incoming number from an external phone (engaged tone) and I can
dial out using the a softphone, but then cant hear anything. Same on my IP
phone. However, my other voip provider (voipfone.co.uk) works fine. No
config changes since last week, so it points to Sipgate in my opinion.

I haev been testing Sipgate side by side with voipfone over the last week or
so and so far voipfone has had no outages and Sipgate seems to go down at
least once a day (for me anyway !). I simply dial out every hour to a
freephone number and then dial my incoming number to ensure my softphone
rings. A simple test, but it has shown me the reliabilty (or lack of)
Sipgate. Its a shame, because on paper, its a cracking service. Once they
get their voicemail sorted out and reliabilty back, then great !

Old June 30th 05, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

NewsAcc wrote:
[...]

No problems here for weeks.

I don't trust softphones though.

Ivor

Old June 30th 05, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gary

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Gary wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
failed to log in since last night....

It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.

What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

Ivor

Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last night.

Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.

It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.

I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.

I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
every five minutes?

Gary

Old June 30th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gary

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
GwG wrote:
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Gary wrote:
[...]

Just a question for you if you can help. Do you have any idea why sipgate
needs to keep registering every 3600 seconds? According to my sipura, that
is what happens. Can I extend this time to cut constant network traffic?
Still no connection here yet.

Gary

Old June 30th 05, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Gary" wrote in message

Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last
night.

Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.

It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.

I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.

I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
every five minutes?

Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the service
till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but Sipgate is
nowhere near reliable enough

Just out of interest Gary, are you also on NTL?