sipgate query

Old June 30th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dojodirectory.co.uk

Default sipgate query

hi all,

i just configured my new zyxel wi-fi voip phone.

when i try to make a call i get a recorded message in german.

however.. i CAN call 0800 numbers...

I have £9.32 in my account so it can't be that..

weird?

Old June 30th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

dojodirectory.co.uk wrote:
hi all,

i just configured my new zyxel wi-fi voip phone.

when i try to make a call i get a recorded message in german.

however.. i CAN call 0800 numbers...

I have £9.32 in my account so it can't be that..

weird?

What does the message say..? I appreciate you probably don't speak German
but can you give me an idea..? Do you get the same error calling from a
wired phone..?

Ivor

Old June 30th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dojodirectory.co.uk

What does the message say..? I appreciate you probably don't speak German
but can you give me an idea..? Do you get the same error calling from a
wired phone..?

Hi Ivor,
immediately on pressing the green to dial bitton, i get approx 11 fast low
pitch beeps, followed by 2 higher pitch beeps then a german voice who is
'breaking up' like on a mobile and all i can make out is.... have listen
yourself at www.dojodirectory.co.uk/wav.wav

Old July 1st 05, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"dojodirectory.co.uk" wrote in message
What does the message say..? I appreciate you probably don't speak
German but can you give me an idea..? Do you get the same error calling
from a wired phone..?

Hi Ivor,
immediately on pressing the green to dial bitton, i get approx 11 fast
low pitch beeps, followed by 2 higher pitch beeps then a german voice
who is 'breaking up' like on a mobile and all i can make out is.... have
listen yourself at www.dojodirectory.co.uk/wav.wav

Hmm, I can't make head nor tail of that..! It's certainly nothing I've
heard before. If you like I'll forward your message and wav file to the
Sipgate engineers and see if they can come up with anything. Can't promise
anything but I'll ask.

Ivor

Old July 1st 05, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

The message sounds like an answering message recording saying 'I am not at
home'.
Who / what number are you calling ?
Did you try the test number 10000 ?
Regards,
Martin

Old July 1st 05, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"dojodirectory.co.uk" wrote in message
hi all,

i just configured my new zyxel wi-fi voip phone.

when i try to make a call i get a recorded message in german.

however.. i CAN call 0800 numbers...

I have £9.32 in my account so it can't be that..

weird?

The last bit says - Bitte versuchen sie est noch einmal - i.e. Please try
again. I get this message sometimes - the first bit says "An error has
occurred" in german.