UK Dial plan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 1st 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Andrew Gabriel

Default UK Dial plan

Does anyone have UK dial plan strings which covers all the phone number
formats you might want to dial from a UK PSTN line? I'm programming
a Sipura-3000 VoIP phone, and I'm looking for a suitable dial plan
string. The phone uses something based on MEGACO and MGCP format
apparently. Here's a first stab at all the possibilities, but it's
sure to be incomplete and could do with further breakdown...

999 emergency
1xx. 112, 151, 141..., 1471..., etc.
0[123]xxxxxxxxx STD (not sure if '3' is used anywhere)
07xxxxxxxxx mobile, personal
[2-9]xxxxx local (in 01234, etc areas)
[2-9]xxxxxx local (in 0207, 0118, etc. areas)
0[45689]x. Various things like 0500... and others I don't know
00x. international
[*#]x. network services

Key: x = any single digit
. = zero, one, or more repetitions of previous
[] = any one key from the values or range enclosed

--
Andrew Gabriel