Does 18866 work with SIP VoIP

Old July 1st 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Eric Knowles

Default Does 18866 work with SIP VoIP

I have a sipura voip ata, and I'm trying desperately to get it working with
my 18866 account. Has anyone successfully got this working, as I would
appreciate the help of someone who knows how to configure a sipura for this
service. Can it be done? Have you got it working?

I know 18866 works OK with iax, but it seems sip is another story?

Eric

Old July 1st 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:41:48 +0100, "Eric Knowles"
wrote:

Has anyone successfully got this working, as I would
appreciate the help of someone who knows how to configure a sipura for this
service. Can it be done? Have you got it working?

my ATA should arrive tomorrow, watch this space :-)

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 3rd 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Eric Knowles

"Eric Knowles" wrote in message
I have a sipura voip ata, and I'm trying desperately to get it working with
my 18866 account. Has anyone successfully got this working, as I would
appreciate the help of someone who knows how to configure a sipura for this
service. Can it be done? Have you got it working?

I know 18866 works OK with iax, but it seems sip is another story?

Eric

I take it, from the lack of response to my post that 18866 DOES NOT WORK
with SIP on VoIP then?

So, I also assume from this, my sipura cannot be confugured to use 18866 for
Vo-IP outgoing calls?

Eric

Old July 3rd 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:49:57 +0100, "Eric Knowles"
wrote:

I take it, from the lack of response to my post that 18866 DOES NOT WORK
with SIP on VoIP then?

it does work - just did it ! Rang my answering machine and got 2-way
audio.

So, I also assume from this, my sipura cannot be confugured to use 18866 for
Vo-IP outgoing calls?

I've configured Line 2 of a Linksys PAP2-NA to work with 18866, this
is allegedly the same gear as a Sipura SPA2000

I made 4 entries in the config page, its sat behind a NAT router.

Display name: my name
User ID: 1886601xxxyyyyyy (my 18866 base phone number)
Password 342342 (my 18866 acount number - this isn't real)
Proxy: sip.call18866.co.uk

Phil