VoipBuster & 18866 a few queries?

Old July 2nd 05, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony

Default VoipBuster & 18866 a few queries?

I have a few queries to make if anyone has any ideas of the answers.....

Are 18866 and VoipBuster all the same company? (I'm already a 18866
customer)

Are VoipBuster taking registrations, as I tried several times in the past
few days with an immediate error being flagged up...

Will VoipBuster work with a Sipura ATA?

Do VoipBuster give you an incoming number if you put some credit on your
account?

Is Father Christmas 'real', or just a fallacy? (well it was getting rather
boring wasn't it?)

Tony

Old July 2nd 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:06:42 +0100, "Tony"
wrote:

Is Father Christmas 'real', or just a fallacy? (well it was getting rather
boring wasn't it?)

we'll find out when he "makes poverty history"

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Old July 2nd 05, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Tony writes
I have a few queries to make if anyone has any ideas of the answers.....

Are 18866 and VoipBuster all the same company? (I'm already a 18866
customer)

Yes, as well as 1899 and others.

Are VoipBuster taking registrations, as I tried several times in the past
few days with an immediate error being flagged up...

Did you download their software and register from that?

Will VoipBuster work with a Sipura ATA?

Yes.

Do VoipBuster give you an incoming number if you put some credit on your
account?

If you're in the UK then probably not at the moment, as they've run out
of numbers. They're supposed to be letting us know when they're
available again.

David
Old July 2nd 05, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Tony writes
I have a few queries to make if anyone has any ideas of the answers.....

Are 18866 and VoipBuster all the same company? (I'm already a 18866
customer)

Yes, as well as 1899 and others.

Are VoipBuster taking registrations, as I tried several times in the past
few days with an immediate error being flagged up...

Did you download their software and register from that?

Yes I tried to, but it failed several times.

Will VoipBuster work with a Sipura ATA?

Yes.

Do VoipBuster give you an incoming number if you put some credit on your
account?

If you're in the UK then probably not at the moment, as they've run out of
numbers. They're supposed to be letting us know when they're available
again.

So, is that the likely reason it failed, as I'm in the UK? (I guess it
could have recongnised the IP address was a UK address and refused
registration due to capacity?

David

Old July 2nd 05, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Tony writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message

If you're in the UK then probably not at the moment, as they've run out of
numbers. They're supposed to be letting us know when they're available
again.

So, is that the likely reason it failed, as I'm in the UK? (I guess it
could have recongnised the IP address was a UK address and refused
registration due to capacity?

Not necessarily so. I registered a couple of weeks ago OK. Tested it
with their software and moved over to Sipura3000 ATA. Works fine, but no
incoming number so all outgoing calls are either WITHHELD or
UNAVAILABLE.

David

Old July 2nd 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Tony writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message

If you're in the UK then probably not at the moment, as they've run out
of
numbers. They're supposed to be letting us know when they're available
again.

So, is that the likely reason it failed, as I'm in the UK? (I guess it
could have recongnised the IP address was a UK address and refused
registration due to capacity?

Not necessarily so. I registered a couple of weeks ago OK. Tested it
with their software and moved over to Sipura3000 ATA. Works fine, but no
incoming number so all outgoing calls are either WITHHELD or UNAVAILABLE.

David

Oh... I don't know why it wond't let me register then... I'm at a loss to
think why it keeps failing. There is not reason here that would stop it
from working. Very strange indeed : (

Tony

Old July 2nd 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony

wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:07:27 +0100, "Tony"
wrote:

Oh... I don't know why it wond't let me register then... I'm at a loss to
think why it keeps failing. There is not reason here that would stop it
from working. Very strange indeed : (

I have had three goes with buster Tony and each time it failed with me
also so now have given up .

Arrh, thanks,

Well at least its not just me then ! : - )

I presume these attempts were recently?

Tony