SPA-3000 web admin interface dying

Old July 3rd 05, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

Default SPA-3000 web admin interface dying

One of my SPA-3000's seems to have developed a fault with its web
interface, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. The fault
is intermittent and may be getting worse. It doesn't happen in the
basic user tabs, but does in the advanced admin tabs, and sometimes
in the basic admin tabs. I think it probably relates to the total
amount of data in all the tabs (they all seem to be passed to the
browser, not just the one currently visible, but the total size and
number of the tabs increases through to the advanced admin mode).

In IE, the fault just shows as "this page cannot be displayed".
With repeatedly hitting reload, after more than 10 times, it works.
In Mozilla, the page is displayed, but the tabs are non-functional
the tabbed screens are all displayed at once one after the other,
the "Submit all changes" form buttons are missing, and after a
further pause, Mozilla pops up a box "The document contained no data"
(which can happen when the browser asks for a page, and the server
closes the TCP connection without even returning an HTTP header,
although I haven't checked if that's the case here).

My guess is the SPA-3000 has started having difficulty returning
the larger web page responses, possibly due to some resource
problem. With my software engineer's hat on, I would suspect
it has leaked some memory and now doesn't have enough left to
work properly. It was working for about a day since it was last
switched on. A soft reset as done by submitting a configuration
change does not fix the problem. I am remote from the unit and
I can't currently get anyone to power cycle it, but that will be
the next thing to try. I can't easily tell at the moment if the
telephony and VoIP functions are still working since this issue
came to light. It has not logged anything to the debug syslog
server relating to this issue.

Anyway, just wondering is anyone has seen anything similar?

--
Andrew Gabriel