SIPgate - BudgeTone - Call transfer?

Old July 3rd 05, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

Default SIPgate - BudgeTone - Call transfer?

Does anyone know if Call Transfer can be done on the SIPgate network? I
would email SIPgate, but they do not seem to be very good at answering
tech support emails!

Alan.
Old July 3rd 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bacillus Cereus

Alan Foster wrote:

Does anyone know if Call Transfer can be done on the SIPgate network?
I would email SIPgate, but they do not seem to be very good at
answering tech support emails!

Alan.

tried it with the Grandstream 486 and it worked.
Old July 3rd 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Alan Foster" wrote in message
news[email protected]

Does anyone know if Call Transfer can be done on the SIPgate network? I
would email SIPgate, but they do not seem to be very good at answering
tech support emails!

Can you give me some details on that please..? I'll pass the info on.

Yes call transfer should work, I have never tried it myself though.

Ivor

Old July 3rd 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:41:40 +0100, Ivor Jones
wrote:

"Alan Foster" wrote in message
news[email protected]

Does anyone know if Call Transfer can be done on the SIPgate network?

Can you give me some details on that please..? I'll pass the info on.

Yes call transfer should work, I have never tried it myself though.

The BT-101/2 Manual says that to do an 'Attended Transfer' you need to use
the 'Flash' button. The Quick Start Guide from SIPgate however states
that the 'Flash' button "is not currently used".

Although The BT-101/2 manual says 'Unattended Transfer' uses the
'Transfer' button rather than 'Flash', It is not a practical alternative
as I need to know that the call can be taken rather than the caller being
sent to a dead end! Also, rather worryingly, The Quick Start Guide from
SIPgate doesn't even mention the 'Transfer' button anyway!

I did consider just experimenting with IP phone, landline and a mobile,
but I thought it might be safer to ask first, rather than risk screwing
something up!

Alan.