Sipura 3000 on a PBX

Old July 3rd 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

Default Sipura 3000 on a PBX

My Sipura 3k does not dial out on the PSTN

The Sipura is connceted to a internal line on my private PBX
Therefore the dialing tone (internal line) is different from the external
dialtone ...

Is it possible that the Sipura 3000 checks the line for a "valid" dialtone
before dialing out ?
How can I change this ?

tnx in advance for your help

Old July 3rd 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Philippe Deleye" writes:
My Sipura 3k does not dial out on the PSTN

The Sipura is connceted to a internal line on my private PBX
Therefore the dialing tone (internal line) is different from the external
dialtone ...

Is it possible that the Sipura 3000 checks the line for a "valid" dialtone
before dialing out ?
How can I change this ?

I don't think it does listen for a dialtone, but it will check the
line voltage before going off-hook and probably the line current
whilst off-hook, and these might be quite different from a BT line.
You might need to get the electrical interfacing specs for your BPX,
or play around with the sipura's settings for these by trial and error,
or measure them with a known working handset on the line.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old July 3rd 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Philippe Deleye" wrote in message
My Sipura 3k does not dial out on the PSTN

The Sipura is connceted to a internal line on my private PBX
Therefore the dialing tone (internal line) is different from the
external
dialtone ...

Is it possible that the Sipura 3000 checks the line for a "valid"
dialtone
before dialing out ?
How can I change this ?

tnx in advance for your help

Are you connecting the Sipura to an extension port or an exchange line
port..? It needs to be the latter. My Sipura 2000 is connected to 2 of the
"exchange" lines on my PABX and it works fine. It doesn't check for a dial
tone.

You might want to check the programming of your exchange to see if there
is a delay set for passing dialled digits out to the "public" exchange
after 9 or whatever digit is used to select the line is dialled. Or add a
pause if it's a memory stored number.

Ivor