18866 doesn't work with Sipura kit

Old July 3rd 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gary

Default 18866 doesn't work with Sipura kit

Just incase anyone is thinking of buying a sipura for use with 18866, it
doesn't work, you'd be wasting your moeny.

Gary

Old July 3rd 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:46:44 +0100, "Gary" wrote:

Just incase anyone is thinking of buying a sipura for use with 18866, it
doesn't work, you'd be wasting your moeny.

so what does its sip service work with ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 3rd 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gary

wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:46:44 +0100, "Gary" wrote:

Just incase anyone is thinking of buying a sipura for use with 18866, it
doesn't work, you'd be wasting your moeny.

Worked ok on mine so did 1866 .

Your post suggest that this was in the past? What about tonight, does it
work now?

sip.call18866.co.uk

No audio at present from the remote party on any outgoing calls.

Gary

Old July 3rd 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:49:11 +0100, "gary" wrote:

Your post suggest that this was in the past? What about tonight, does it
work now?

sip.call18866.co.uk

No audio at present from the remote party on any outgoing calls.

works right here right now.
sip.call18866.co.uk

Line 2 on a Linksys PAP2-NA (I believe this is the same as a Sipura
2000)

Phil
Old July 3rd 05, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gary

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:49:11 +0100, "gary" wrote:

Your post suggest that this was in the past? What about tonight, does it
work now?

sip.call18866.co.uk

No audio at present from the remote party on any outgoing calls.

works right here right now.
sip.call18866.co.uk

Line 2 on a Linksys PAP2-NA (I believe this is the same as a Sipura
2000)

Phil

Hi Phil,

Well I have spent much of the last week trying to get 'sip.18866.co.uk' to
work using a Sipura1001 here, and no joy whatsoever. It dials out and I can
speak to the other person, but I can't hear them! I am using a DG834G MkII
modem/router which is open on all the required ports, I have also added the
IP address of the ATA to the modem/router DMZ as the default. Still it does
not work. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? It seems such a
shame it won't work properly : (

Gary

Old July 3rd 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 23:27:04 +0100, "gary" wrote:

It dials out and I can
speak to the other person, but I can't hear them!

no incoming audio is not exactly unheard of with SIP, you could say
its a feature. The DMZ should resolve it as if you set the IP of the
sipura to be the DMZ and enable it and save it this should allow
anything from t'internet to get to it.

I find its handy to pore over the firewall log to see what is being
blocked (if anything).

I am using a DG834G MkII
modem/router which is open on all the required ports, I have also added the
IP address of the ATA to the modem/router DMZ as the default.

you can run a config wizard at voxilla.com and generate a replica of
the settings pages to compare with your own.

are you forwarding incoming TCP and UDP on port 5060 and 5061 to the
sipura ?

Phil