Swissvoice IC 10S power supply info.

Old July 3rd 05, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

Default Swissvoice IC 10S power supply info.

As per title folks.

Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
and polarities in the connector these units require.
Or if anyone can provide info for original power
supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
much appreciated.

Yes it is me Ivor.
No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
details, thanks.
Remove the "dot's" to reply.

Old July 3rd 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nick" wrote in message
As per title folks.

Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
and polarities in the connector these units require.
Or if anyone can provide info for original power
supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
much appreciated.

Yes it is me Ivor.
No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
details, thanks.
Remove the "dot's" to reply.

I never said a word, Fred g

Ivor

Old July 3rd 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:17:34 GMT, Nick wrote:

Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
and polarities in the connector these units require.
Or if anyone can provide info for original power
supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
much appreciated.

Just bought a IC 10S myself this very morning at the computer fair. Been
doing some research on this very subject.

1. The phone is wired for POE and only needs a plugtop supply if POE is
not available.

2. Can't find a source for the plugtop supplies anywhere!

3. The POE spec is 48VDC... can't remember which pins are which, but the
802.3af spec can be found on the web if you're really interested.

4. Be aware that the voltage expected in the plugtop supply socket is
likely to be much lower than 48V... the POE connection undoubtedly goes
through voltage drop and regulation. As there is insufficient information
(like none) available from Swissvoice a seperate supply seems to be out of
the question.

5. THE GOOD NEWS... Solwise are expecting a supply of an inexpensive POE
injectors this week... with p&p and VAT it's about 22 GBP. It's more than
I paid for the phone, but I'm going to give it a go. I'll be ordering one
ASAP.

Alan.
Old July 3rd 05, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Alan Foster" wrote in message
news[email protected]
[...]

Thanks Alan,

Not much to go on but better than nothing.

Wonder which computer fair you bought yours from?