Using a different number ID for outgoing calls on 18866 voip?

Old July 4th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Fisher

Default Using a different number ID for outgoing calls on 18866 voip?

Just a little query from a friend actually. This is the problem:

Several months ago a friend of mine registered with 18866 to make savings on
calls, he has since signed up with sipgate and got himself a second number
to use on voip. He has a sipura1001 (I think), and he uses it for outgoing
calls to 18866 using the same account he signed up for several months ago
(using his BT line number).

Is there any way he can add anything to the sipura, which will use his new
number (from sipgate) as the caller displayed number when he makes calls to
18866 via the sipura, or is the only option to create a new 18866 account
with the new number???

Thanks James

Old July 4th 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob L

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:35:56 +0100, "James Fisher"
wrote:

Just a little query from a friend actually. This is the problem:

Several months ago a friend of mine registered with 18866 to make savings on
calls, he has since signed up with sipgate and got himself a second number
to use on voip. He has a sipura1001 (I think), and he uses it for outgoing
calls to 18866 using the same account he signed up for several months ago
(using his BT line number).

Is there any way he can add anything to the sipura, which will use his new
number (from sipgate) as the caller displayed number when he makes calls to
18866 via the sipura, or is the only option to create a new 18866 account
with the new number???

Thanks James

Methinks just add his voip number to his current 18866 account, and
enter that in the sipura instead of his normal one
Old July 4th 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Fisher

wrote:

[...]

Tried that it doesn't work. It still shows the main account telephone
number. Does that mean I need a second account with 18866? : - (((

James

Old July 4th 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:24:43 +0100, "James Fisher"
wrote:

Does that mean I need a second account with 18866

perhaps. You need to know if you can do "presentation CLI" with 18866
via a Sipura. What if you put the number in the Display name field -
does that mak any difference ?

voxilla.com may know if there's a presentation CLI field. An emial to
the 18866 beta address might be worthwhile, with multiple numbers per
account it would be a sensible facility.

I wonder if a sipgate (down) geo number can be used to setup a 18866
account.

Phil
Old July 4th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Fisher

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:24:43 +0100, "James Fisher"
wrote:

I wonder if a sipgate geo number can be used to setup a 18866 account.

That's a good question, has anyone already done it??

James

Old July 5th 05, 01:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tez

wrote:

I wonder if a sipgate geo number can be used to setup a 18866 account.

That's a good question, has anyone already done it??

James

Can't be done, I tried it. I found that they just added the second number
to my existing account. And all calls via BT line or Vo-IP still had the
main telephone number as the caller ID information (outgoing). So it seems
not unfortunately. You`ll just have to put up with it.

Terry

Old July 5th 05, 07:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob L

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:24:43 +0100, "James Fisher"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Did you change your 18866 log in info to reflect your sipgate number
that you added to your account ?

your login is 18866 followed by your sipgate number
password is your account number

this worked with softphones so it should work with hard phones

Old July 5th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:48:00 +0100, Bob L
wrote:

Did you change your 18866 log in info to reflect your sipgate number
that you added to your account ?

your login is 18866 followed by your sipgate number
password is your account number

this worked with softphones so it should work with hard phones

are you saying we can use any of the registered numbers as the log in.
I thought you had to use the "primary" number first used to create the
account.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 5th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob L

wrote:

Did you change your 18866 log in info to reflect your sipgate number
that you added to your account ?

your login is 18866 followed by your sipgate number
password is your account number

this worked with softphones so it should work with hard phones

are you saying we can use any of the registered numbers as the log in.
I thought you had to use the "primary" number first used to create the
account.

Phil

I have used 1899 with all my 4 numbers with no problem, 18866 seems to
have its moments, have just tried on my 4 numbers and none of them
will connect, so I suggest you try and see what happens.

bl

Old July 5th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

wrote:

are you saying we can use any of the registered numbers as the log in.
I thought you had to use the "primary" number first used to create the
account.

and the answer is... *yes* you can use any of your numbers as the
login ID for the 18866 SIP VoIP service.

I just did it with 05511xxxxxx a BTBBV number I have registered.

However I then get busy tone when trying to call anything.
Reverting to main number I can register and make a call.
and back to the secondary and its busy tone

seems repeatable - conclusion is you can login to the service with any
number but not use it other than with the main number.

Phil