Sipgate Voicemail not working for me?

Old July 4th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Fisher

Default Sipgate Voicemail not working for me?

I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0 (zero)
to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options again.
Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?

James

Old July 4th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"James Fisher" wrote in message
I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0

(zero)
to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options

again.
Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?

what are you using as a client. as odds on you have the dtmf mode set wrong.
try setting it to info or equivilent.

Ian

Old July 4th 05, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Fisher

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

"James Fisher" wrote in message
I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0

(zero)
to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options

again.
Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?

what are you using as a client. as odds on you have the dtmf mode set
wrong.
try setting it to info or equivilent.

Ian

Its a Sipura 1001 ATA, Ian. Does that make a difference to your reply?

James

I won't be able to have a look at curing it until later tonight, its at a
friends place.

Old July 4th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"James Fisher" wrote in message

[snip]

Its a Sipura 1001 ATA, Ian. Does that make a difference to your reply?

James

I won't be able to have a look at curing it until later tonight, its at
a friends place.

If it's totally ignoring your DTMF tones, then chances are you have the TX
method incorrectly set. You need to use INFO or SIP INFO mode. Don't use
IN BAND or AUTO or any other mode listed.

Ivor

Old July 4th 05, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Fisher

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"James Fisher" wrote in message

[snip]

Its a Sipura 1001 ATA, Ian. Does that make a difference to your reply?

James

I won't be able to have a look at curing it until later tonight, its at a
friends place.

If it's totally ignoring your DTMF tones, then chances are you have the TX
method incorrectly set. You need to use INFO or SIP INFO mode. Don't use
IN BAND or AUTO or any other mode listed.

Ivor

Thanks Ivor, that sorted it out.
James

Old July 4th 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James Fisher

wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:43:04 +0100, "James Fisher"
wrote:

I have just dialled 50000 to connect to voicemail, but when I dial 0
(zero)
to change the message, it ignores me and goes through all the options
again.
Anyone else finding that voicemail isn't working as it should?

James

Well I have just dialed 50000 and got some German bitch talking in
double dutch !!!! )) .
Will Sipgate EVER get things working right the voicemail system is a
joke good job it is free .

The quality of the english voices on the voicemail is awful. It sounds like
they were recorded with a 1pence microphone. : - (

Why are they soooo bad?

Old July 4th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"James Fisher" wrote in message

[snip]

The quality of the english voices on the voicemail is awful. It sounds
like they were recorded with a 1pence microphone. : - (

Why are they soooo bad?

Recorded in a hurry ;-) They will be re-recorded properly soon..!

Ivor