Sipgate delay / simplex

Old July 4th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Sipgate delay / simplex

"Joe Harrison" wrote in message
news
Me and my SPA-3000 have been using Sipgate for about a month with not
many
problems but suddenly last few days there is about a one-second lag
between
me speaking and other end hearing, leading to comically confused
conversations sometimes.

Also seems to be added strangeness in that speaking cuts off what other
end
is saying, simplex walkie talkie style.

Is it me or is it Sipgate...

I've not noticed that with my Sipura 2000. Are you calling other Sipgate
numbers or PSTN/mobile numbers, international numbers, what..?

Ivor

Old July 4th 05, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Joe Harrison" wrote in message
news
Me and my SPA-3000 have been using Sipgate for about a month with not
many
problems but suddenly last few days there is about a one-second lag
between
me speaking and other end hearing, leading to comically confused
conversations sometimes.

Also seems to be added strangeness in that speaking cuts off what other
end
is saying, simplex walkie talkie style.

Is it me or is it Sipgate...

I've not noticed that with my Sipura 2000. Are you calling other Sipgate
numbers or PSTN/mobile numbers, international numbers, what..?

Errrmmuhh I think it might be down to finger trouble (Blush)

I forgot I was doing some big downloads as well, I don't think my QoS is
working as well as I thought it was.

Recently NTL told me they would "soon" be upgrading the speed of my
connection to 1MB. After a bit I thought well they must have done it by now
so reconfigured my NAT router to what I hoped were the new speeds NTL told
me 1Mbs down 200Kbs up. Think I'd better do some more speed testing and
reconfigure the QoS again.