and it goes on .......

Old July 5th 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

Default and it goes on .......

back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning and
now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from PSTN -
aaggghhhh!!!

Old July 5th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Roger" wrote in message
back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

Working fine here.

Ivor

Old July 5th 05, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message
back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

Working fine here.

Ivor

its been up and down a couple of times - defintiely their end as BT or
One2One cant connect to my sipgate voicemail

Old July 5th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message
back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

Working fine here.

Ivor

I am not yet using VoIP yet (but contemplating it) . From reading the
postings in this group it seems to me that you are about the only one not
having problems with sipgate service. What do you do differently -
Roman

Old July 5th 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Roger" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message
back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this morning
and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

Working fine here.

Ivor

its been up and down a couple of times - defintiely their end as BT or
One2One cant connect to my sipgate voicemail

Are Sipgate to Sipgate calls ok..? If so that would indicate it might be a
gateway problem at Magrathea or somewhere..?

Ivor

Old July 5th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"r_mervart" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message
back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this
morning
and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

Working fine here.

Ivor

I am not yet using VoIP yet (but contemplating it) . From reading the
postings in this group it seems to me that you are about the only one
not
having problems with sipgate service. What do you do differently -
Roman

Oh I have problems, but not as many as some seem to have..! I just don't
blast the company every chance I get. They are doing their best.

Ivor

Old July 5th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"r_mervart" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message
back from 2 weeks travel - made one phone call on sipgate this
morning
and now cant dial in or out - getting number unobtainable tone from
PSTN - aaggghhhh!!!

Working fine here.

Ivor

I am not yet using VoIP yet (but contemplating it) . From reading the
postings in this group it seems to me that you are about the only one
not
having problems with sipgate service. What do you do differently -
Roman

Oh I have problems, but not as many as some seem to have..! I just don't
blast the company every chance I get. They are doing their best.

.... so would you agree with the statement that they are worth trying for
private
use but not yet for a small business where not getting through would mean
loss of a potential customer?
Roman

Old July 5th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:15:03 GMT, "r_mervart"
wrote:

. so would you agree with the statement that they are worth trying for
private
use

the only reason to try them is if you want a free incoming geographic
number. If you are prepared to pay for that, or don't mind a
non-geographic one, then there are plenty to choose from.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 5th 05, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linus Surguy

"Ivor Jones" wrote:
Are Sipgate to Sipgate calls ok..? If so that would indicate it might be a
gateway problem at Magrathea or somewhere..?

No issues present on our network today I'm afraid!

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!
Old July 5th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

r_mervart wrote:

... so would you agree with the statement that they are worth trying for
private
use but not yet for a small business where not getting through would mean
loss of a potential customer?

If you want VoIP for a small business, and you don't mind paying a few
quid in "line rental", you're better off going to someone like Gradwell
who have a service that specifically targets that market.